+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default When the dad gets all the praise

Ok I'm not having a rant or anything , I have a lovely husband and I love him to bits , he is very hands on with the kids and works hard and I love that but we both think this is not fair.

everyone always praises my husband for being a good dad, they comment on seeing him at the supermarket , they comment that he has taken the kids out on his own, at a wedding we went to they commented how good he was having a child in his arms , they comment on how hard he works yet still has time for the kids. They comment on how lucky I am. Yes I know that , but !!!!!! No one ever comments on me at the supermarket , me taking them all out by myself, me always having a child in my arms , me working hard so this family have a comfortable home , me still doing everything for the kids.No one is saying he is lucky to have me! It's like if my husband picks up a child on the weekend instead of a beer he is mr husband 2013! If I pick up a beer instead of a child on the weekend I'm lazy bones 2013.

Just think its so old fashioned!!

I am lucky but it's like us mums don't get any good comments!!! Arggh ! This is just a light hearted post 😁

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to babynomad For This Useful Post:

BaronessM  (07-06-2013),MonkeySeeMonkeyDo  (07-06-2013),mrsoptomistic  (07-06-2013),MrsSS  (07-06-2013),Whoknows  (07-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yep same thing here! Ofcourse he deserves the praise, hes an amazing hands on father but I wouldnt mind having some of the praise too

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Lily For This Useful Post:

babynomad  (07-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Completely agree with you!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to May baby For This Useful Post:

babynomad  (07-06-2013)

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Couldn't agree more

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bunkx For This Useful Post:

babynomad  (07-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Totally agree. People always comment on how great DH is for his parenting but I don't think I've ever received praise for being a good mum or wife :/

Actually DH often gets offended that people assume he's not as capable of taking care of our child just because he's male. But I'd still take some praise myself!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Electric Boogaloo For This Useful Post:

babynomad  (07-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This annoys dh more than it annoys me, tbh. He feels like he is being patronised. A lady at the shop commented to him a few weeks back how it is 'lovely to see a dad so devoted to his child', and dh was like 'He is my son, of course I am devoted to him?!'

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Barnaby For This Useful Post:

babynomad  (07-06-2013),BaronessM  (07-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Totally agree

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ICanDream For This Useful Post:

babynomad  (07-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Yep, same here. DH is also a hands on dad, and a great one at that. But he always gets the back pats while I do all the sucky jobs - the school lunches and uniforms, baths, cleaning and cooking tea.

But I have to say it seems to be the norm. A good mum will never get a mention, but a man that pays his children some attention is suddenly parent of the year.... and of course if anything goes wrong, it's the mums fault

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

babynomad  (07-06-2013),LoveLivesHere  (07-06-2013),MonkeySeeMonkeyDo  (07-06-2013),Purple Lily  (07-06-2013)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DP sort of gets the opposite and while he doesn't mind, it makes me furious. He often gets comments from 'well meaning' strangers about hid parenting skills.
    Eg- we were at a bbq in a park a while ago and DS was running around barefoot. I was chasing him around for a good hour or so, then DP took over. He comes back 15 minutes later red faced and asking for his shoes because someone had told him off for letting his kid go barefoot because a father couldnt possibly have a clue how to parent their own child. It happens alll the time.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

babynomad  (07-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This kind of started annoying me as my husband was admired at the supermarket by this lady who was all "wow" about it. Then word came through from another lady that she had seen him shopping and "wow " again . That though was the easier option of the two , one being do the shopping with the list that I prepare ( no brainier ) or , look after three kids under 5 and get the breakfast ready , get them dressed and ready for preschool ! Supermarkets time off in my book !!ν ½νΈ€

20. The Following User Says Thank You to babynomad For This Useful Post:

BaronessM  (07-06-2013)