+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm a public servant too and I wasn't allowed to do this. Very annoyed as it would have been really helpful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    I'm a public servant too and I wasn't allowed to do this. Very annoyed as it would have been really helpful.
    Who wouldn't let you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Work. Something to do with insurance. Had me very confused as it seems to be a policy put in place by federal gov so I would have thought that it would have been ok for any company to follow it. Maybe because we have our own keeping in touch policy that involves updates regularly from another staff member.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    Work. Something to do with insurance. Had me very confused as it seems to be a policy put in place by federal gov so I would have thought that it would have been ok for any company to follow it. Maybe because we have our own keeping in touch policy that involves updates regularly from another staff member.
    Bummer!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm not sure but I just assumed those keeping in touch days would have to be unpaid? And that your PPL would stop as soon as you started paid work (even if only 1 day per week)? I could be wrong though, can you check with HR? Of course if your work lets you come in for 10 days during the PPL but get paid for them at a later date that might be a way round it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Noty View Post
    I'm not sure but I just assumed those keeping in touch days would have to be unpaid? And that your PPL would stop as soon as you started paid work (even if only 1 day per week)? I could be wrong though, can you check with HR? Of course if your work lets you come in for 10 days during the PPL but get paid for them at a later date that might be a way round it.
    ^^ This is exactly what I would have thought too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Nope - paid. Have a look at the link I posted earlier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Employees are entitled to be paid for keeping in touch days.

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1370603186.292754.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I am soon to go on maternity leave and have asked my HR section about what constitutes keeping in touch. I am allowed to come in for training (particularly if there are new systems etc), to keep update on the progress of the business (eg business planning), to determine a return to work plan (eg any change in role, impact of returning part time) and to be part of staff updates generally. They have specifically said that I can't come in and do 'work' in my normal role eg for me participate in a project, provide technical advice on a job or help write reports etc. Saying that my HR people are not based in my office and my manager will no doubt get me to do some 'work'. I also intend to check my emails etc as there are many long term projects that I am working on that I would still feel obliged to provide some input on.

When I do come in I am entitled to be paid and this would not impact on my ppl. I am not sure of the implications of using child care during my keeping in touch days (my office already considers this baby 'theirs' so I am sure people would be keen to mind the baby if I'm only there for a few hours).