+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Paid parental leave "keeping in touch" with employee

Anybody know anything about this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just started 12 months maternity leave last Friday. My supervisor and I agreed that I will contact her in 11 months to discuss my starting date, which days of the week I want to work (we'd already agreed that I'll come back 3 dpw), my company car, etc. That's our "keeping in touch" plan. Could you discuss your employer's expectations with them?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Whirligig View Post
    I just started 12 months maternity leave last Friday. My supervisor and I agreed that I will contact her in 11 months to discuss my starting date, which days of the week I want to work (we'd already agreed that I'll come back 3 dpw), my company car, etc. That's our "keeping in touch" plan. Could you discuss your employer's expectations with them?
    My employer paid leave is about to end and the government leave start. I was told I can't do casual days whilst on paid parental leave as my pay would stop, but this "keeping in touch" may be a loophole, although there is lots to discuss as so many things have changed since November when I started mat leave.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Keeping in Touch days are not intended to be regular work/shifts but I guess they would never know...

This link has good info

http://www.humanservices.gov.au/business/services/centrelink/paid-parental-leave-scheme-for-employers/keeping-in-touch

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think it's for important meetings etc

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    Keeping in Touch days are not intended to be regular work/shifts but I guess they would never know...

This link has good info
    Keeping in Touch days are not intended to be regular work/shifts but I guess they wou
    Yes, I've read it on the centre link website.

The reason I say there could be a loophole is because of this part:

Oh, photos won't upload but it says

"Transition back into workforce"

"Refresh skills"

Plus

"Become familiar with new or updated processes"

The last point has happened a lot since I left in November last year!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I reckon you'd be fine then

Thanks
    Reviews
    A lady at work did this. You are allowed 10 or so keeping in touch days during PPL so she came in once a week for a bit. That's how she got her ds into daycare.

Sent from my HTC One SV using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    A lady at work did this. You are allowed 10 or so keeping in touch days during PPL so she came in once a week for a bit. That's how she got her ds into daycare.

Sent from my HTC One SV using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Yeh, knew it was 10 days, which works out perfectly as I'm back to work in October. The reason I ask is because my dd2 has just been offered 1 day a week at daycare where dd1 and DS go, so I called centre link to get her crn and they asked if I was going to work, I said possibly, then she told me I wasn't allowed to but I looked into it and found the keeping in touch.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did it while on leave with DS. I rang centrelink and they said I could do 10 days (76 hours for me) at anytime during the ppl period. No need to report it to them or anything.

The problem was I was a public servant and payroll had issues, it was considered an oh&s issue as well. In the end I did the work and took it all as flex when I went back to work.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to duckduckgoose For This Useful Post:

BigRedV  (07-06-2013)