Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks again hun.

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Fingers crossed for you.

Are you going through a hospital program for your homebirth? Just curious, as I've never heard of s&s with homebirth.
    As hard as it is, giving up, and just relaxing and trusting the process can be what sets it all off, stress hormones can slow things up.

ETA. Can you explain a little more about bub being off to the side? I think I had something similar, and my mw fixed my bubs positioning at home, which set me into labour within hours... (I was 41 + 6 at the time)
    Last edited by MilkingMaid; 22-06-2013 at 06:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    AM I know that I've been reading up on spinning babies. My baby keeps rolling over with back on my right side and the optimal position is back on my left side. Check out the spinning babies website. I know that for me realising at full term my tummy is like a hammock and that which side I rest/sleep on the back will end up there. So ive been sleeping as much as I can on my left and bub has rolled over for me. Now to positions to encourage the head to descend so I can go into labour. Hope that makes sense.

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    OK. Yeah I think what happened with my latest bub was that his head was off to one side, not sitting directly down into my pelvis, and my doula (well, she's a lay mw really) could see when she looked at me front on, my bump was lopsided. So she sat me in an armchair, and put a rebozo around my back, (mexican shawl) and holding both ends in her hands, she flicked my belly from side to side. It was a really really strange feeling, and eventually, I felt a really wierd sliding feeling, as bubs head slid right down into my pelvis, and not that long after I began to have waters leak (within a couple of hours) and then labour was all on baby!! Baby born 3 hours later.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AM View Post
    OK. Yeah I think what happened with my latest bub was that his head was off to one side, not sitting directly down into my pelvis, and my doula (well, she's a lay mw really) could see when she looked at me front on, my bump was lopsided. So she sat me in an armchair, and put a rebozo around my back, (mexican shawl) and holding both ends in her hands, she flicked my belly from side to side. It was a really really strange feeling, and eventually, I felt a really wierd sliding feeling, as bubs head slid right down into my pelvis, and not that long after I began to have waters leak (within a couple of hours) and then labour was all on baby!! Baby born 3 hours later.
    Wow that's so cool!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    AM my middy is a private midwife with hospital privileges. So if I had to transfer to the hospital she would still be the one to deliver bub. As for the positioning, what Msbecb said. Lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Still waiting?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope! I had Drew last night, it was an amazing 2.5hr birth with just the help of some g&a. He was 4.48kgs, 55cm long and had a hc of 38cm. I am soo glad his out and so lucky!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to whatwillbe For This Useful Post:

White Mage  (23-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whatwillbe View Post
    Nope! I had Drew last night, it was an amazing 2.5hr birth with just the help of some g&a. He was 4.48kgs, 55cm long and had a hc of 38cm. I am soo glad his out and so lucky!
    Congratulations whatwillbe!!! Have been reading and waiting for your big news - finally!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Congratulations!!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app