+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmoduckus View Post
    Would it help to tell the people that are around you about all of this? Then maybe they will ignore it because they know that there is nothing behind it, because you can't help it. Then because you know that they don't pay attention to it, you might not do it as much anymore.

Don't know if that would work in your situation but I thought I would throw it out there.
    Thank you for the suggestion (I do appreciate it) but, I acknowledge it constantly. People are getting used to it but, still feel the need to state the obvious. Kinda over trying to make everyone else feel comfortable with the colour of my face when I'm absolutely mortified, inside.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by moongazer View Post
    Could hypnotherapy help at all??
    Good idea. I have tried it however.
    My problem was focusing on the guys squeaky chair and the train line across the road.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I guess heavy make up doesn't help? I saw this on Greys Anatomy once, it sounds sucky.

I've heard people say its a matter of finding the right therapist for you. That being said I lasted 2 sessions with my therapist and vowed never to go to any again. He kept using scenarios that killed off my DD!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

jenjenOo  (08-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Someone mentioned heavy make-up. I'm a blusher too. I would go so red and hot, my eyes would water and steam and i'd feel ridiculous. I started wearing an opaque make-up (you could use ones that cover birth marks etc) but I just wore an all day foundation (some consealer) and Blush. I would give my cheeks a nice rosy hue.

then when I blushed I would convince myself that either people couldn't tell, or that my skin only has a 'soft gorgeous glow' and continue with my conversation with more confidence.

Over time my blushing has subsided because the trigger wasn't producing the self perpetuating effect of 'oh my i'm going red, oh no, i'm getting redder, **** i look like a tomato, this is so embarrrassing, they must think i'm an idiot etc my inner talk would continue til the end of the conversation. Being able to shut those thoughts off immediately with 'thank goodness i put my makeup on' or 'its only a pretty rosy colour dont worry about it' made the world of difference to me!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rachie81 For This Useful Post:

jenjenOo  (08-06-2013),steel magnolia  (10-06-2013),~Marigold~  (08-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I get this ! And also its worse with particular people like my grad program coordinator. NFI why but eveytime I'd she he'd beaming cheeks! I think it's cause I'd get caught in a loop. Get embarrassed about the prospect of blushing do I then blush.

I have thyroid issues so would tell people I was having a "hot flush". The worst is in large group situations when the attention is on me. Like my work baby shower. It's awful cause I try cover my cheeks by leaning ob my elbow and putting my hands on my cheek. So not subtle

Anywsy I asked my mum and she used to name countries (in her head) starting with a certain letter - it'd distract her.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueLips For This Useful Post:

jenjenOo  (08-06-2013),~Marigold~  (08-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had this problem all my life too. It was horrendously worse when I was pregnant. For this reason, i dont leave the house sithout makeup on. i do the self talk like rachie81 said... telling myself its not that noticable thanks to the makeup blah blah blah. otherwise i just get more and more red. Thanks for starting the thread. I don't feel so alone in this now.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mummablue For This Useful Post:

jenjenOo  (08-06-2013),steel magnolia  (10-06-2013),~Marigold~  (08-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gosh! Lots of lovely ladies here with the similar issues. I thank you all for your fantastic replies.

I'd give my right arm for it to just be my cheeks. I call it 'flushing' rather than blushing because my whole head and neck go really red. And unfortunately people say 'wow, look how red you've gone' (thanks, genius).
    The makeup thing isn't really useful. I go REALLY red lol!!
    I've even changed my hair colour a few times!

I think the main message that's coming through in this thread is self acceptance.
    This definately needs work and focus.

I really hope everyone here gets to a point where they don't blush and can get along with life but, if that doesn't happen we can always remember; there are other ladies on BH that are going through it too!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jenjenOo For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (08-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Found this via http://www.uncommonhelp.me/articles/...blushing-tips/
    Article written by Mark Tyrrell.

Stop blushing by learning to direct your blood flow

What? Am I crazy? Well, perhaps a little, but blood flow can be controlled through the use of the imagination. By spending five minutes daily imagining your hands heating up around an open fire, you'll find you can easily direct more blood into your hands (2).I taught Robert that he could actually have some control over the temperature in different parts of his body. By focussing on his hands heating up during times when he might typically blush, he found he could actually stop himself blushing. It's as if the blushing was still there, but only in the hands. And pretty soon, he didn't even have to do this. But there's something else that he did and it's something you can do too...

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jenjenOo For This Useful Post:

steel magnolia  (10-06-2013),twotrunks  (14-06-2013),~Marigold~  (08-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quite bad today.
    Avoiding eye contact.

Going to start back at the gym on Monday. 5 days a week. Watch this space.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You poor thing. Try not to place too much importance on it Easy to say though. I'm all for working it out at the gym!