+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    OP, to diagnose an intolerance you really need a lot more to go with. Your bub may have just not coped well with the first formula you tried perhaps? Some are well known to cause digestive problems, so can be trial and error.

The sleep & feeding you have described is completely normal for 3wks too. My DS2 is 13wks and still can feed every 2-3hrs over night. I think she just spoilt you by giving some longer blocks initially! My DS2 is a very cuddly baby too and will sleep all day in my arms, but not so well in his bassinet yet.

I know the sleep deprivation sucks, it's the worst part of being a new Mum. But as PP have said, you WILL get through it. Don't put too much pressure on yourself or your DD at such a young age. It's hard, but this is all completely normal and part of becoming a parent. Sleep is one of those things we sadly lose in the early months!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pesca77 For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (08-06-2013),MissMuppet  (08-06-2013),Purple Lily  (07-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD didn't cope well with Gold formulas, the extra iron constipated her. She acted like you described your bubba acting. I changed to a non gold formula and she was fine.

You need to let them settle on a formula for a few weeks to see any change. Then if you do change implement it really slowly by replacing one bottle every day with a new formula.

After 6 weeks things will start to settle down. I miss those snuggly cuddles. They grow quickly, make the most of it while you can.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you everyone for your input. Today has been much better

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I just wanted to offer support. My dd2 is now 4 months and my story was very similar to yours except that i never got the 4 hours sleep. We tried everything.

She is now on a prescription formula after trying them all and shes a different baby.

I think you can tell when somethings up and i was at the paed at 20 days old as i was at breaking point. Dont deny your mummy instincts if something is wrong.

So i hope you can get some sleep soon. My dd doesnt sleep through yet but is only up usually once a night...so much better than every 20-30 minutes.

Best wishes xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi hopefully waiting. Thank you for your support. I've seen your posts and know the pain you've been through. I'm so happy to hear things are much better for you and your DD. You deserve an award for what you've been through !

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't read all the replies so forgive me if its been mentioned- both my girls have a mild cows milk protein intolerance and would highly recommend seeing a pead about your options!

After chatting with dd1's pead we decided against soy because the protein can be similar so lots of kids that have a problem with the cows milk will react to soy. By the same token goats milk can also cause problems. Have added a link, it says allergy, but it's the same for intolerance!

http://www.allergy.org.au/patients/f...-dairy-allergy

Anywho, see a pead ASAP, it could be the reasons she's still unsettled, even if she is better then when she was on cows milk formula

hope you get some sleep soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopefully Waiting View Post
    We had a much better day today. A bit of tummy pains but it was over fairly quickly with no shrieking just crying which is better
    Hoping we get sleep tonight?

How are you and your DD going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi FTM
    Our night was ok. Dd was up at 1 but wasnt wanting a feed just needed a resettle. But then she woke just before 3 wanting a feed. So not one of our usual nights but omg totally different to a few months ago.

Have you found a paed to go to?

I remember sitting upright to sleep on the recliner as its the only way dd and i would get any sleep.

Hope your days ok too xo