+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MissMuppet View Post
    Please don't try soy formula without seeing a paed first. Soy isn't something you should put a newborn on to without being under a doctor's guidance. I'd strongly suggest seeing a paediatrician before changing her formula again anyway, if you really think she has intolerances.
    Oh .. why exactly is that? My niece was raised on soy formula with no doctor supervision ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Do you swaddle bub at sleep time? A good snug swaddle helps with sleep. Other suggestions: ,feeding, burping, nappy change. Limiting any stimulation around sleep time. No TV or lights on etc.

Good luck. It's hard to believe but trust me it will get easier. In a years time you'll be laughing at your 1 year old trying to be funny.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Vicpark. Yes we swaddle. She won't sleep otherwise

Thanks
    Reviews
    Try either sleep baby sleep or womb sound app if you have a smart phone. Ailsa used to take forever to settle and would basically ve awake fir 3 to 5 hours doing the feed, nappy, burp, settle routine but since playing womb sounds all night she settles straight away

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    At this age I used to put DS to sleep in his pram during the day and when he was starting to wake from his first sleep cycle I'd gently start pushing and that would get him through another sleep cycle. Gradually he got better at transitioning from one sleep cycle to the next. If nothing else works repeat - this too shall pass!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (07-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mrst we've tried that app with the womb sounds and the vacuum and the hair dryer. She settles for a bit and then starts crying again. No kidding she's been crying pretty much all day unless she's in my arms or DH's arms
    She's not usually like this ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Babyla I may just try this thank you. We took her for a walk today and she slept but it was around feeding time so when we got home she woke and started crying right away. I think it may work though when she's not hungry. Thanks again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimeMummy2012 View Post
    Babyla I may just try this thank you. We took her for a walk today and she slept but it was around feeding time so when we got home she woke and started crying right away. I think it may work though when she's not hungry. Thanks again.
    Also if you're transitioning from your arms after a feed into the pram, get the pram going with your foot really gently and put her in as it's moving, this seemed to work so DS didn't notice the transition so much. Good luck! I found this an exhausting time and felt like it was never going to end, it does!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aw Ftm that sucks I hope she's just having a growth spurt and settles in the next few days!

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    At this age I used to put DS to sleep in his pram during the day and when he was starting to wake from his first sleep cycle I'd gently start pushing and that would get him through another sleep cycle. Gradually he got better at transitioning from one sleep cycle to the next. If nothing else works repeat - this too shall pass!
    Yep this

Sent from my HTC One SV using The Bub Hub mobile app