+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Less solids?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

FearlessLeader  (14-06-2013),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (14-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Glider chair works well here. The rocking sort of distracts her/calms her enough to feed. Also stretch her out so she's actually more hungry? Although of course this might backfire.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to duckduckgoose For This Useful Post:

FearlessLeader  (14-06-2013)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    She really doesn't have many solids at all- still just having a taste once or twice a day. And she won't feed to sleep. I've tried to get her to feed to sleep but she blardy well won't! I've played around with feeding times and have discovered that she feeds a bit better after she's been up for a good little while and had a chance to look around and see what's going on. Such a fine balance though because if I leave it too late and too close to her next nap, she has a little snooze while she feeds and is then completely revived so doesn't want to go to sleep. Gah! I'm also going to try feeding, putting her down if she mucks around and trying again in 15 minutes.
    someone asked how I know she's not feeding well? She's a super fast feeder anyway ( 5 minutes is a good feed) so when she mucks around she doesn't even really latch at all, she's only on the breast for about 10 seconds with 5 minutes of trying.

I might also try expressing some milk to add to solids. She's far too little to drop a day feed.

ETA neither of my children have 'demand fed' they never ask to feed. Never ever. I've fed both of them to a schedule or they would barely feed at all. The only time she gets even remotely excited about a feed is the one before bed at night.
    Last edited by FearlessLeader; 14-06-2013 at 19:35.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I bought a bambeados bf necklace. It's bright blue and chunky with individually knotted silicone beads. DD likes to play with it while feeding- its a big help when feeding in public when she is the least likely to have a good feed for fear of missing out on something Also helps at home- I noticed she was losing focus very easily and only having 1-2 "good" feeds.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Baby Q is 7 months and I had this concern too. I now get him up after sleeps and we play for 30 mins or so then he feeds better - or until he whines for a feed. Still only feeds a few mins but at least he gets the let down now! Just moved onto one feed a night and 5 during the day. He also won't feed to sleep and is very easily distracted. Smart bubbas!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    if DS mucks around during a feed i figure he's not too hungry ATM, take him off, sit him somewhere not too stimulating and wait untill he grizzles and try again.
    could she be tired instead of hungry? If she just woke up and isnt interested in a feed could she maybe do with more sleep?
    How long is she roughly going between feeds in the day? Maybe you just have a brilliant supply and its satisfying her for a longer time! Go you! DS will demand every 2hrs or less.
    I also found if i wear a light cotton scarf DS will hold onto it and stare at it while he feeds.
    Goodluck FL, H seems like a very alert, intelligent bub who will proabably always keep you thinking!!