+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sounds like you got the ball rolling. Dont settle for first opinion.

Except for your last couple of posts you could be talking about anyone of my 2 boys the oldest now 5 and doing fine.

I had speech problems also linked to glue ear or something like that. Talked till 2 stopped till 4 when I had an op and making up for it eversince.

Your gut can often be the best judge but then sometimes our minds and thoughts run away with us.

I'll follow with interest

PDD NOS was what my baby sister was diagnosed with at age about 13 and a host of other things. I became carer for her when she was 11
    Last edited by DaveTTC; 05-09-2013 at 20:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have rang the Brisbane Mater Hospital this morning to enquire about their Developmental unit but there is a 9 month waiting list to get in!!!

So we are going private. We dont have private heath care but that doesnt matter. So we are all booked in for October for the initial appointment then the assesment. The assessment will be 2 - 1 hour appoinments. Feeling a bit nervous about it all. What type of testing will be done during the assessment? Will I be allowed in the room with him?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by starla View Post
    I have rang the Brisbane Mater Hospital this morning to enquire about their Developmental unit but there is a 9 month waiting list to get in!!!

So we are going private. We dont have private heath care but that doesnt matter. So we are all booked in for October for the initial appointment then the assesment. The assessment will be 2 - 1 hour appoinments. Feeling a bit nervous about it all. What type of testing will be done during the assessment? Will I be allowed in the room with him?
    With my DS, we has an initial appointment with the psych and she just went through some of the history and did some quizzes with DS.
    2nd appointment was just DS and the psych.
    3rd appointment was with the speech patholgist. She just did an assessment.
    4th appointment was parent only. Just discussing history.
    Then there were online quizzes for myself and DS's teacher to complete.
    I think that was it? I also go letters from the daycare and school with the teachers outling all their concerns which was apparently really helpful.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Something else that helped me get a dx for ds#2 as he was so young compared to my ds#1 when he was dx, was i filmed lots of his behaviour on my phone, quirky rituals and his massive meltdowns over teeny tiny things they helped seal the deal for the psych.

Braiiiins

TimeForWine is offline Taking everyday one wine at a time...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry if this is a silly / offensive question - can someone please elaborate on the rocking / flapping? My youngest daughter is delayed in her speach and does a funny head shaking thing where sometimes she will roll her eyes up when she does it? She also moves her wrists alot kinda in circles. And she doesnt 'talk' as such. She makes sounds that I understand as words but they are not actually words... is the head shaking thing somethign I should be concerned about? She does give eye contact but isnt big on physical interation ie cuddles / kisses....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Without trying to freak you out timeforwine, id definitely see a paed about it.

Braiiiins

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

TimeForWine  (10-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Zombie Eyes - none of the doctors have seemed concerned at her needle check ups but i might get it checked out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I think collectively the flapping the speech and also lack of wanting affection together could point to something, a paed will be more open to exploring that possibility than a gp would.

Braiiiins

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

TimeForWine  (10-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmmm actually she does let her sister cuddle and kiss her etc and interacts with her, she just doesnt like many other people in her space as such? Im probably just looking into it too much because i am concerned re the head shaking / eye rolling thing - hubby reckons she just likes the feeling of it haha but I will bring it up with my doc I think - no harm in getting it checked out. thanks.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to TimeForWine For This Useful Post:

Zombie_eyes  (10-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeForWine View Post
    Sorry if this is a silly / offensive question - can someone please elaborate on the rocking / flapping? My youngest daughter is delayed in her speach and does a funny head shaking thing where sometimes she will roll her eyes up when she does it? She also moves her wrists alot kinda in circles. And she doesnt 'talk' as such. She makes sounds that I understand as words but they are not actually words... is the head shaking thing somethign I should be concerned about? She does give eye contact but isnt big on physical interation ie cuddles / kisses....
    Does not sound like anything on the autism spectrum when looking at your next post too.

The head thing would be worth filming and showing to your quack. It may be nothing or it may be seizure related. Only saying cause I was carer for my baby 1/2 sis and was trhe one who picked up she had epilepsy

Dave The Turning Cowboy

turning wood into art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast