+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    You poor things. My only thought is to try get him into the pediatrician earlier if possible - perhaps ring and tell the receptionist his behavior is escalating and ask if you can go on a cancellation list to try and get in sooner.

Or if that's no good your community nurse may know some behavior management programs in your area to get some interim help.

I have a spirited boy who loves his routine so I can begin to imagine what you are going through, find some extra patience if you can and good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Just wanted to say that if you want an appointment sooner perhaps look into seeing a behavioural psychologist instead? I tried for ages to get in with a paed with no luck. It was only a 2 week wait to get in and see the psych though.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    He sounds IDENTICAL to my son (4 years old), except for the eye contact...my son makes a lot of eye contact. Prior to mid-year I just assumed he was very spirited/independent. I have read "Raising your spirited child" and it's the most perfect description of my son. However, I have booked an appointment with a child psychologist for September, because I am noticing a lot of other behavioural issues lately and it's all worsening a great deal. It could be based on family changes, but I would like to speak to a psychologist either way.

Good luck - I know how incredibly draining/exhausting it can be
    Last edited by Witwicky; 31-08-2013 at 10:07.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Deleted. Wrote a text message in my phone and it posted here.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Good luck op.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What I was wanting to contribute before OP was that my DD1 exhibited some of these behaviours from 18 months but grew out of them by 5 (after her first year of school). I also question whether she grew out of the behaviour or taught herself to behave how she perceived others wanted her to.
    Hope you can get some answers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thank you everyone. I'm new all this stuff! No idea what to do, I have been looking on google for a child behavioural psychologist in the Brisbane/Gold Coast area. Will I need a referral for an appointment?

Like you Witwicky I have always thought DS1 was a little quirky/spirited. But it just seems to getting worse. He has never had a care free type of personality. He is really highly strung.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have booked DS1 to a place called Kooky Kids Clinic, in 3 weeks time. The GP gave us a referral today for this place. They have a multidisciplinary board at the clinic aswell. He is booked in with a child psychologist. Thanks everyone for your suggestions

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Good to hear! Let us know how it goes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Following also as I'm watching my son who is 2 and has a bio brother who is autistic.

Mummy of Max 2 from donor eggs from my lovely sister.