+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Tubes tied during c/section?

Has anyone had it done? I will be going to mater mothers Brisbane?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My sisters best friend had her tubes tied during a c section a couple of years ago. It was her 4th baby and 4th c-section. She knew they weren't going to have any more children and she figured that the "Dr was in there anyway" so she may as well get it done rather than wait.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    A friend of ours had hers done at her 3rd c-section.
    She has 2 autistic sons and had her daughter and knew she was definitely done.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Would love to hear of others experiences with this too. I am scheduled to have my tubes tied in 2 1/2 weeks when I have my 4th child.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had mine done with my third (3rd c/section as well). We were done so it seemed the best option then hormonal contraception.

I don't remember it being any longer in theatre but DP said it was about an extra half an hour (I got no idea!).

Its been 18 months now and I have to say initially it made me sad to know that I can never ever have any more babies but now its so much easier not to have to worry about taking the pill or condoms, etc.

My AF is the same as always, no changes in pain, length of AF, etc.

So for me it was all good!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanx guys, I've heard from a few mums on another page that mater mothers brisbane won't do them as they are founded by the Catholic Church? Anyone experienced that?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by joalisha View Post
    Thanx guys, I've heard from a few mums on another page that mater mothers brisbane won't do them as they are founded by the Catholic Church? Anyone experienced that?
    That's probably true - in WA you can't get it done at any of our St John of God Hospitals (catholic private hospitals). They don't do vasectomies either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by joalisha View Post
    Could be true - best thing to do is ask your doctors there! I know they won't do terminations even if the baby is non-compatible with life and *apparently* don't discuss contraception postnatally!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a TL during my last c-section 5 months ago (I have 2 DD's) I am finished and didn't want the hassle of condoms or hormonal bc. So far, so good. My AF hasn't returned to normal (but I am exclusively BF) it took an extra 10 mins on top of the c- section procedure at most, I am glad it's done :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my tubes tied during my c/s of my 4th daughter last year. Was only a extra few minutes, seemed straight forward.
    Read up on everything before you have the procedure though. I didn't do any research just thought it was the best option but once AF returned after 6months it has been really heavy, long and painful so I've since had to have the mirena 2 months ago which defeats the purpose of TL. I've had a heap of other symptoms to that only happened since the TL.