+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Could the pill have helped me get pregnant?

Ok this is something I have been wondering about but not sure if there is any medical explanation to it....
    A few years ago I was diagnosed with endometriosis from a laprascopy. They didn't remove it but it was just mild. DH and I had been TTC for 2 years with no luck. A few months after being diagnosed with endo we were going on holiday and I really didnt want my periods while on holiday so I started taking the pill. Took it for about 5 weeks, I still got my period but it was a lot lighter and just spotting. I stopped it after our holidays and the next cycle I got my BFP.
    Could the pill have somehow helped me get that BFP? Any medical explanation as to how? Or just coincedence? We are struggling with TTC again and I was considering trying it again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    A doctor once told me (when putting me on the pill for medical reasons not contraception and was clearly not aware of my sexual preference haha) that if I came off the pill I had to be extremely careful in the few months afterwards as I would be more likely of getting pregnant than if I hadn't of been on the pill beforehand. He did explain (and tbh I didn't take it all in because it wasn't relevant for me then) but he said it something to do with your body trying to readjust hormones. Soooo I would definitely believe it had something to do with it. I clearly remember thinking how ironic it was that a pill that was supposed to stop that would actually cause a higher chance when you come off it but he did say it was only for 1 or 2 cycles that you are at higher risk of getting pregnant

Two girls, one dream and baby you are it!