+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Yes with my 5th child. He was assessed than I did a short course with 3 other mums. He went 3 visits than we went back to have check up every few months for 2 years. All in the public system.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anewme View Post
    Yes with my 5th child. He was assessed than I did a short course with 3 other mums. He went 3 visits than we went back to have check up every few months for 2 years. All in the public system.
    Did you find it helped?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Before looking into private speech therapy, I would wait and see where your DS is at when he is 2.

Our DS had barely any words at 2. We enrolled him in a free course called Tiny Talkers, which was in a group setting with other toddlers run by a speech pathologist.

The sp observed DS and recommended some one-on-one speech therapy sessions. A speech therapist through the public health system called me to arrange an appointment - I thanked her for calling and asked her to call my husband to arrange a time (as he cares for DS during the day). The woman did not end up calling my husband.

Anyway, shortly after this, DS started using more and more words. All of his words are spoken very clearly. We were thrilled, and continue to marvel at his progress. The other day he counted to ten

I think he just wasn't interested in speaking and he has developed in his own time. Maybe your DS will be the same?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

WiseOldOwl  (13-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by MummyJenn View Post
    Did you find it helped?
    Yes, a little too much some days

I have had 3 kids go through speech therapy for different issues. They are fantastic. They work with a lot more than just getting your kids to talk. I loved our speechie she changed our 3rd child life. With out her she wouldn't be the wonderful child she is today.
    My only regret is I did get 2nd child help sooner.