+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Best Affordable Baby Gifts

My sister is going to have a baby shower this Friday and I was required to bring a baby gift. I didn't really want to give her a gift (gift giving should not be mandatory!) Well anyway, I was browsing the web to look for affordable baby gifts. I’m thinking of buying gifts on a $30 budget but I don’t know what I should give. I want to give her baby diapers but they might think I’m a cheapskate. Baby bath supplies are too main******, I think? I want to give her something special, something that my sister and the baby will truly appreciate. Can anybody help me decide?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sophie the giraffe. Is a great teething toy. One of the baby stores has them for $24 at the moment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ^^^ yes Sophie is awesome!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Lamaze soft toys are great. You could probably get 2 for $30 from BigW. Or a pack of nice muslin wraps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I agree with a Sophie! I would have loved one at my shower!
    What about you get 1 of the smaller packs of nappys and some other little gifts and wrap it up with some cellophane and a bow? $30 could actually get you quite alot! Singlets, onesies, socks, dummy clips, rattles, wraps are all useful and cheap!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Books are always great!!! As are little bowls - you can get a 6 pack of these for $2 from Kmart or big w, spoons sipper cups, a nice plate and spoon set, face washers, bath toys, toys that they can use at 6 months, jolly jumper, bumbo, coin set for the year bibs is born - about $40 from the mint, photo frames, play mat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can never have enough bibs! Buy a stack and write that on the card, oh and spew rags (I used cloth nappies) with a bucket to soak them in, pop in some nappy San too, May not be totally personal but it's certainly useful. Hope this helps

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    i'm sorry, im not quite familiar with what Sophie is and i'm quite intrigued by it.
    WHat company is producing it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    The best gift I got was a Bath hammock. It was mesh so it was soft, unlike those slippery plastic ones. I'll set if I can find a pic. I bought one for a friend yesterday and it was only $20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    This is sort of like the hammock I got.
    1370661783600.jpg