+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Toddlers and tiaras

I just watched my first while episode of thing the island dreams on..
    What the.. I'm shocked.. Not so much about the kids makeup etc i expected that for a pageant but the mums. One of the 22mo got a small crown and won princess not queen and then mum left the room swearing and throwing her bags all over the floor saying it was a joke. Her poor poor daughter.
    These kids are made to feel like failures when they have tried so hard to please their mums I feel so sad for them!
    you can see it in their faces. Why can't something be done. Like in Aus if u saw a child being treated like that over and over you would call docs right.. Just craZy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I agree. Some parents have no idea of how what they are doing is impacting their kids.

This disgrace of a show ...well makes me think that some type of certification being needed before someone can have kids is a good idea. Common sense/life Skills/IQ based.
    - ok I know this will never happen but it was nice to dream about for a few seconds.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yea most of the families on that show are waaaay more into it than their kids!

I do enjoy watching the kids who enjoy it though! Like Honey Boo Boo & Eden Wood.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have watched quite a few episodes and the behaviour of some of the parents continues to shock me. I don't mind that you let your kids do pageants, each to their own, and some of the kids seem to genuinely love doing them. Fine.

It is clear that some of the parents are just using their kids to fulfill their own competitive desires. And then they make sure their kids know that. Totally not cool with me.

My DD would actually do pretty well with the whole "personality/stage presence" thing, judging by the show. I don't think I would ever let her do it though, I just could not put my 4yo in a fake tan, fake hair and buckets of makeup and parade her around. I do love the cute dresses though, I was tempted to make her one just to wear around the house as a dressup!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeh the ones who like it I have no problem with it really.. If they enjoy it and they aren't pushed its kind of ok in my book as long as they are being "sexy" if u know wht I mean.
    But yeh this mum was so horrible it really affected me. I just wish something could be done about the mums like that.

And yeh looks like some of the mums wished it was them in it and using their kids because they never got to do it

Thanks
    Reviews
    I watched it once and hated it but now i have to watch it, its like a car crash and I can't look away!
    I hate some of the outfits the girls are made to wear. One girl was dressed up like julia roberts in pretty woman...as a hooker! Over the knee boots and all!!
    Another one dressed as Sandy in grease, the sexy Sandy at the end, complete with cigarette.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hate this show with a passion. Some of what they do to kids on that show is bordering on child abuse. I saw one little girl forced to have her eyebrows waxed despite screaming, crying and begging not to have to do it. And then there is that disgusting hideous woman who gives her kid (honey boo or whatever the hell they call her) energy drinks to get her to 'perform' better.