+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks for all the responses :-) I'll find a toy that I can hang above her so she can reach it as she's not really holding onto things properly yet, more just likes touching them.

I did have the seat professionally installed at an RTA approved fitting station but I will take it back to see if it can recline further.

I don't have any intention of turning her forward facing early, it was more just a question of what to do when her legs get longer, but as a pp suggested she'll just have to have her legs bent.

Thanks again for responding.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My first thought also was she looks too upright, though it may be the angle of the photo - I would take the seat out and ensure it is in full recline.
    My DD screamed in the car, even if we were only in there for 1min. It was awful, but I would not turn her early as it is such a safety risk. I also think her toys are too far away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have DD's toys attached to the straps that clip the seat in place.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine is a car screamer but it gets better over time. She is almost 13 months and still rear facing. The biggest difference I found was taking off the UV shade on the window. Worked for us anyway (to some extent). When people suggest going on holidays I just laugh because I can't imagine going anywhere longer than half hr in the Car. It is just the way it is. 😉

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by balletbaby View Post
    Mine is a car screamer but it gets better over time. She is almost 13 months and still rear facing. The biggest difference I found was taking off the UV shade on the window. Worked for us anyway (to some extent). When people suggest going on holidays I just laugh because I can't imagine going anywhere longer than half hr in the Car. It is just the way it is. 😉
    What was it that she didn't like about the window shade, as we have a "window sock" on her window

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the same seat and I think it's a blue lever at the bottom that makes it recline more. DP also had it like this when we first got it but it didn't seem right so I read through the manual and I think it was something like until 12kg it should be in full recline.

Sorry the manual is in the car with the seat otherwise I would find the page for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD is 10months old & is still in her capsule rear facing. We took it to a baby shop & they said "it's ok if she is kicking the back seat & her legs are allowed to hang over. She is not allowed to be moved until her shoulders are taller then the straps. If you are really worried go to a baby shop because the straps might be to tight etc or it could just be that she doesn't want to go in the car as much as she used to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    What was it that she didn't like about the window shade, as we have a "window sock" on her window
    I don't know! I am just guessing it was because she felt more restricted (hates anything that restricts her) and enjoys being able see out the window. When I look in the mirror that we have set up she is always looking out the window. Try it out if you have a screamer it worked well for us!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Let me know if it works. I would be interested to know ☺

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by balletbaby View Post
    I don't know! I am just guessing it was because she felt more restricted (hates anything that restricts her) and enjoys being able see out the window. When I look in the mirror that we have set up she is always looking out the window. Try it out if you have a screamer it worked well for us!
    Same with my DS2. He loves looking out the window and it makes car trips much easier.