Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    OK let me get this straight... You know a girl, from school. Not much, just enough for you to say hi in the street whenever you may see her (rarely most likely) but you never have any kind of decent conversation. You know she has a new boyfriend (gasp!) but that's about it. The kids look like your normal average kids.. but SHOCK HORROR a friend of a friend of a friend says she knows someone who knows.... that she might smoke pot a couple of times a week with her new (gasp!) boyfriend when the kids go to bed!!!

So now you want to report them. Have I got this right?

JAYSUS?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think maybe the op is being unfairly treated - if the kids are clearly well looked after it seems unlikely she would be asking the question. Or perhaps she has little experience with drugs and equates pot smoking to injecting heroin... Seriously she has asked and its been answered. No need for abuse.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to twotrunks For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (07-06-2013),haveheart  (07-06-2013),SugarSkull  (07-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Naboo View Post
    OK let me get this straight... You know a girl, from school. Not much, just enough for you to say hi in the street whenever you may see her (rarely most likely) but you never have any kind of decent conversation. You know she has a new boyfriend (gasp!) but that's about it. The kids look like your normal average kids.. but SHOCK HORROR a friend of a friend of a friend says she knows someone who knows.... that she might smoke pot a couple of times a week with her new (gasp!) boyfriend when the kids go to bed!!!

JAYSUS?!
    (Gasp!) Rude much?

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsOhara For This Useful Post:

haveheart  (07-06-2013),SugarSkull  (07-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    She hasn't copped abuse! The worst post would have been mine and I thought long and hard about what I would say. I would hope it's a young, naive poster.... But it's the title...CAN I report them... Not asking should.... I think this kind of thinking is scary and I am well within my rights to say so without it being considered abuse.Gossip can ruin lives.

And as an aside... I don't smoke pot! I hate it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    She hasn't copped abuse! The worst post would have been mine and I thought long and hard about what I would say. I would hope it's a young, naive poster.... But it's the title...CAN I report them... Not asking should.... I think this kind of thinking is scary and I am we'll within my rights to say so without it being considered abuse. And as an aside... I don't smoke pot! I hate it!
    I agree entirely your thinking here. I felt the same way when I read it and as a mandatory reporter there needs to be more than hear say about someones lifestyle choices, there needs to be an issue of neglect or abuse - neither of these were mentioned in the OP.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

αληθη  (07-06-2013),mum2twinboys  (07-06-2013),Naboo  (07-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Bayla. Sarcasm aside, that's what I meant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

JAYSUS?!
    There's no need to be mean about it. She has good intentions. No need to talk to her like she's an idiot.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SugarSkull For This Useful Post:

gizmoduckus  (08-06-2013),haveheart  (07-06-2013),LifeInShadesOfGrey  (07-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm sure you could but I don't think you should.

I don't see how it different to having a bottle of wine. Yes, yes it's illegal but come on, in terms of intoxication it's similar.

If there is no abuse and the welfare of the kids isn't an issue I don't know why you would even consider it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for everyone's input. My post may have seemed naive or whatever but it did come from a good place - my concern for her children. Obviously I wasn't sure if it was enough information to go off hence me asking the question.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to haveheart For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (07-06-2013),RipperRita  (08-06-2013),SugarSkull  (07-06-2013),twotrunks  (09-06-2013)

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    and being that the OP has her answers, this thread is now closed.

thanks all