+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Formula for 8 month old - help please

There are sooo many formulas out there Im really unsure which one to use for my daughter who I am going to wean soon.
    It's so confusing knowing what the actual ingredients are - cause I can't even pronounce some of the words let alone know what it is lol is there a website or something that compares them?
    I'd like one that is very easy to digest.
    Ive read that stage 1 is easier to digest is that correct?
    Can anyone help me out with recommendations?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Tried a few and Bellamy's was by far the best. DS is almost 12 months and we are still on Stage 1.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Choosing a formula is really more about what Bub will take I think.
    I've spent a lot of time in hospital with my 6 month old and we've gone through so many different formulas is not funny due to tummy issues. I've been told that most of the formula are pretty much the same due to them having to have certain vitamins and minerals. As for stage 2 etc. ..the dietician just told me yesterday is not that necessary to change it as they get older. .. but I'm not sure if you aren't on any anyway.
    So. .. that said I found bellayms organic really good for taste etc. Also just the normal karicare was good too.
    If you ring some companies (like Bellamys or karicare) they will send samples for you try so you can see what your lo tolerates or likes etc. Usually have to pick up from a Chemist sometimes though which isn't a big deal. And sometimes the big chemists have sample sachets to try if you ask.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bellamy's Organic is brilliant certified organic ingredients and it's Australian owned and made! We tried a few before settling with it, haven't looked back

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies I haven't tried any as yet with my little one. I'm so nervous weaning for some reason cause I dont want to make her to be constipated or have a sore tummy but i guess it is trial and error. Ill look up that brand now and have a read.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used Aldi Mamia for DS. It and Bellamy's are both Australian made.

I had zero issues with it, it is not overpriced, doesn't smell icky.

My kids had problems with NAN and S26, the Mamia seemed so much gentler.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Are you ladies using the stage 2?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dd has just turned 9 months and is on Heinz nurture gold stage 1. Mchn said its fine to stay on stage 1

Thanks
    Reviews
    Missymya, my DD1 was fully bf until she was about 7 months old when I started comp feeding in preparation for going back to work. She was pretty happy with nan and s26 but lapped up bellamys so I'm guessing it was the closest in taste to breast milk. She never had any digestive or other issues with it. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by meatpopsicle View Post
    Missymya, my DD1 was fully bf until she was about 7 months old when I started comp feeding in preparation for going back to work. She was pretty happy with nan and s26 but lapped up bellamys so I'm guessing it was the closest in taste to breast milk. She never had any digestive or other issues with it. Good luck
    Yep that's why I'm weaning. Did you just drop one bf a day (replaced with formula) for a few weeks? I'm really not sure how to do this!! I sound very dumb don't I!! Lol I guess cause I just breastfeed on demand at the moment it's all new to me how much she will get, times she will have a bottle etc