+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    I'm just going to say it and wait to get flamed because you think it's okay to insult people...
    How can you try to make people feel guilty for receiving more support with breastfeeding conpared to someone that formula feeds? We deserve more support. The effort it takes to formula feed can not even be compared to breastfeeding.
    There, I said it.
    This has to be one of the most appalling things I've read on here. To quote you earlier, are you f@&$ing kidding me? People like you are the reason there is even a debate. It's a choice, and it doesn't make you better person or mother for choosing to persevere.

And I'm pretty sure this is in the Celebrate Bottlefeeding section. Imagine the uproar if someone posted similar about Bottlefeeding in the celebrate breastfeeding section.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to sniggle6 For This Useful Post:

clucky14  (01-01-2014),delirium  (01-01-2014),Giggle  (01-01-2014),kw123  (01-01-2014),Lauzy  (01-01-2014),peanutmonkey  (01-01-2014),Purple Lily  (01-01-2014),PurpleButterfly4  (01-01-2014),RastaMouse  (01-01-2014),risfaerie  (01-01-2014),~Marigold~  (01-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    I actually want to reply but I am so completely and utterly gobsmacked.

I want to say You try formula feeding (or breastfeeding for that matter) a baby born with a tongue far too big for his mouth. Then come and tell me how easy formula feeding is. But this is not a ****ing contest. Its mothers trying to feed their babies, in the way that is best for them. That doesnt make one superior. It means we all have different circumstances.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

clucky14  (01-01-2014),~Marigold~  (01-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Louise41 View Post
    but FF mums often don't get the support that Bf mums get and its not fair...
    You do know the ABA is a charity? Paid for by fundraising and members membership fees? I joined the ABA while I was BFing to support their work and if I needed to access it. What is unfair about that? If you are so passionate you could start a FF charity.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NoteToSelf For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (01-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I didn't feel guilt, but I felt disappointed my boobs weren't enough and didn't do the best they could.
    I switched to FF when DS was about 2.5 weeks old. I knew I'd made the right decision when he drank 100ml the first go and then slept for 4 hours. I knew I wasn't giving him enough and it would have been unfair to keep BFing him when he was hungry (which made him so unsettled).

Single mummy to a wonderful DS (Born 11/12/2008)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PurpleButterfly4 For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (01-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had a bit.h of a midwife tell me I was artificially feeding , I was in so much pain after an episiotomy that's all I wanted to hear stupid cow. The other nurses were great and told me it's my choice and not to listen to anyone even my Ob was supportive I bottle fed. At the end of the day it's your choice. I just hate the comments some BF mothers make or when they Bf there kid years ago to make me feel like crap as I bottle fed. I don't make comments about people that BF! I don't care what people do it's there choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    What!?? I can imagine the type of old biddy saying such a thing, too... What a vile thing to say.

"Life Is Ours, We Live It Our Way".

10. The Following User Says Thank You to clucky14 For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (01-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by sniggle6 View Post
    This has to be one of the most appalling things I've read on here. To quote you earlier, are you f@&$ing kidding me? People like you are the reason there is even a debate. It's a choice, and it doesn't make you better person or mother for choosing to persevere.

And I'm pretty sure this is in the Celebrate Bottlefeeding section. Imagine the uproar if someone posted similar about Bottlefeeding in the celebrate breastfeeding section.
    I believe red lips post was in response to another poster who had a rather misinformed and unfair dig at Bf'ers. Having a protected section (eg celebrate bottle feeding) is a good thing. What's not ok is if a poster uses that 'protection' to spread misinformation and flame 'the other side.' If you're going to do that have the balls to post in a 'neutral' section where your views will be open to scrutiny from all sides.

Well done to all mums whether you bf or ff. Your baby is receiving nutrition and thriving. Please don't feel guilt if you ff your bubba... You've got to do what is best for bubba and mumma.... No point bf'ing if everyone is miserable, that's just setting your family up for failure. If anyone is having difficulty please seek help. If you are unsure who to contact your GP should be your first point of call.

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

AppleIsleSMum  (01-01-2014),atomicmama  (01-01-2014),Atropos  (01-01-2014),btmacxxx  (01-01-2014),haveheart  (01-01-2014),IndigoJ  (01-01-2014),LoveLivesHere  (01-01-2014),risfaerie  (01-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    I'm just going to say it and wait to get flamed because you think it's okay to insult people...
    How can you try to make people feel guilty for receiving more support with breastfeeding conpared to someone that formula feeds? We deserve more support. The effort it takes to formula feed can not even be compared to breastfeeding.
    There, I said it.
    I think both deserve support, why not? Feeding a baby correctly is so important no matter how you do it!

Breastfeeding isnt necessarily harder (for me it was extremely difficult and unbearable in the end) but i have heard many say how easy it was and much more convinient than making up formula, sterilising bottles etc.

Why cant there be support for both? Like a pp said its not a competition.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (01-01-2014),Purple Lily  (01-01-2014),~Marigold~  (01-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I believe red lips post was in response to another poster who had a rather misinformed and unfair dig at Bf'ers. Having a protected section (eg celebrate bottle feeding) is a good thing. What's not ok is if a poster uses that 'protection' to spread misinformation and flame 'the other side.' If you're going to do that have the balls to post in a 'neutral' section where your views will be open to scrutiny from all sides.

Well done to all mums whether you bf or ff. Your baby is receiving nutrition and thriving. Please don't feel guilt if you ff your bubba... You've got to do what is best for bubba and mumma.... No point bf'ing if everyone is miserable, that's just setting your family up for failure. If anyone is having difficulty please seek help. If you are unsure who to contact your GP should be your first point of call.
    Her comment was uncalled for, regardless. And I stand by my comment that it would be totally unacceptable in the BF section but for some reason it's ok to post them in the Bottlefeeding section.

The previous poster felt unsupported, which is ok. But it's not ok to suggest that because one group of people are supposedly doing tougher, they "deserve" more support. That's her choice, and her post was just as insulting, if not more, than any other.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by clucky14 View Post
    I had a bit.h of a midwife tell me I was artificially feeding , I was in so much pain after an episiotomy that's all I wanted to hear stupid cow. The other nurses were great and told me it's my choice and not to listen to anyone even my Ob was supportive I bottle fed. At the end of the day it's your choice. I just hate the comments some BF mothers make or when they Bf there kid years ago to make me feel like crap as I bottle fed. I don't make comments about people that BF! I don't care what people do it's there choice.
    I had a midwife who was horrible to me in hospital too. Id had a c section and dd was loosing too much weight. Had lac consultants telling me she was latching correctly and i was in so much pain (which i know can be normal) but she wasnt getting enough. By day 4 we were expressing and syringe feeding her - it was so stressful so that day i changed to formula (only lasted the 24 hrs and then i gave bf another go and managed 3 months) but i had a midwife come in and say to me " i heard u are formula feeding. Im very disappointed in you"

I was so upset and asked her to leave and never return to my room. How dare she. Thanks to the support of another midwife who was lovely i jumped back on the bf bandwagon the next day but wow.....i couldnt believe she said it. How unprofessional and rude!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sniggle6 View Post

Pretty sure Redlips ff her first. She is not debating ff vs bf just saying as a bf mother you do tend to need more help and support. There are many more issues that you can struggle with when bf. that's not to say there are no issues for ff mums at all but as someone who has also ff and bf I know the issues faced by bf mums on a practical level alone are more numerous. Saying that is not having a go at bottle feeding mums- I don't care how you choose to feed- it's just a fact. I think her comment should be taken in context- it's clear she felt Louise41 was trying to guilt bf mums for having access to support that she couldn't access as a ff mum 18 years ago.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (01-01-2014),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (01-01-2014),SpecialPatrolGroup  (01-01-2014),VicPark  (01-01-2014)