+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Would you believe it was a mother the same age as her? Also had a go at her for using sposies instead of cloth. People are absolutely outrageous!
    Who? What? Huh? Some people!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I persevered with BF for 6 hellish weeks with DS1. I have a severe skin condition that reacts to stress and was out of control. I also suffered from nipple vasospasm and would lie in bed and cry after every feed. The MHN that visited me tried everything she could to help me and was constantly phoning and visiting to see if she could help. After 6 weeks I said enough is enough and stopped. When the MHN found out she walked out of my house and I never heard from her again. Charming!

With DS2 I kept an open mind. I didn't buy formula and bottles but was prepared to if it was all too much. I refused to beat myself up like I did the first time. Turned out DS2 was a champion feeder and I fed him until he weaned himself at 15 months.

For number 3 I'm going in with an open mind again but will not hesitate to change if it isn't working out. Beating ourselves up achieves zero!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Chippa For This Useful Post:

risfaerie  (01-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippa View Post
    For number 3 I'm going in with an open mind again but will not hesitate to change if it isn't working out. Beating ourselves up achieves zero!!
    If we can ever get our 3rd child this is going to be the plan. I'm going to try hard to bf, but if I can't it will be on to formula without any guilt. Formula is a close 2nd and I refuse to feel crap like I did with DD.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Chippa  (01-01-2014),kw123  (01-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You know what? This whole subject terrifies me. I'm due in May with #3, and a large part of me wants to just FF from the start, simply so I can avoid the guilt, and avoid the "failing at BFing tag". Perhaps it would be nice not to fail, just not to try at all! I hate that every second person thinks that it is their business to ask you, offer you advice. I hate sitting next to someone who is calmly feeding their well-behaved fully BF baby with my screaming wreck of a child who will not latch, will not feed. I hate that people look at me when I am trying to do something that feels so goddamned difficult to me. I hate the questions. I hate when people sit there and tell me how much they LOVED BF their child while I am clearly struggling.

Eek. Am I really doing this again? Farrrrrrrrrk.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    If we can ever get our 3rd child this is going to be the plan. I'm going to try hard to bf, but if I can't it will be on to formula without any guilt. Formula is a close 2nd and I refuse to feel crap like I did with DD.
    Exactly this with number 2

8. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

kw123  (01-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    The hospital I was at made me leave hospital without any formula - I asked for a small amount to go home (they had put DS on formula after about 3 days). Nope. I had to go with DH post cs to a frigging shopping centre to buy formula and bottles hoping that DS didn't get hungry before we were home and ready.
    That's terrible! How long ago was this? Whatever happened to their duty of care for a patient(baby)?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    That's terrible! How long ago was this? Whatever happened to their duty of care for a patient(baby)?
    Almost 2 years ago. I've thought many times of writing a letter of complaint to the hospital. At the time I was not in the right state to stand up to the midwife, I actually felt beaten down by her. I do think I got a rogue midwife with her own agenda on my last day. She actually had me in tears during our last session trying to get bf going, until DH stepped in and told her enough. I couldn't agree with you more about duty of care, I don't think this would be hospital policy at all. Really dark times for me tbh and not something I've thought about in ages.

Thanks
    Reviews
    There are a few good websites with Facebook pages FF mums can check out for support and advice:

- Fearless Formula Feeder (bigger US site with good blog posts)

- Bottle Babies (Aussie online FF community).

I find them helpful and supportive.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lemonpancakes For This Useful Post:

Giggle  (01-01-2014),LoveLivesHere  (01-01-2014),Purple Lily  (01-01-2014),risfaerie  (01-01-2014)

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    Exactly this with number 2
    Both of these! DD2 is coming in a month and this is my plan!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was made to feel like I didn't try hard enough. Was sent home and due to my massive blood loss during birth my milk was delayed at coming through. The hospital didn't tell me this would be the case and I spent our first night at home with a starving baby, screaming for something, anything.

The next morning the nurse came for a home visit and squeezed, prodded etc at my bleeding nipples. She then read about my blood loss and apologised, but told me to keep going milk would come in by 3 or 4 days?! OK, but what do I feed my darling until then? I kept trying to pump something out, but borrowed a tin of formula from my niece in the meantime.

In the end my milk never came more than 10-20mls and I had mastitis, needless to say, formula saved my life!

Sent from my C22 using The Bub Hub mobile app