+ Reply to Thread
    South East QLD

Default Help, 14 month old arching his back and throwing himself backwards

Hi ladies, I'm after some advice my 14 month old DS when he doesn't get his own way he will throw a temper tantrum. He starts off with crying and stamping his feet, but then will often arch his back and throw himself backwards. I'm really worried he's going to hurt himself. As he's already hit his head a few times when he throws himself back and most of our house has tiled floors. Has anyone else had this problem? How did you get your child to stop from doing this? He also arches his back and squirms around non stop during nappy change time. I do my best to talk/sing to him, distract him with a toy, or give a bottle if he's due for one while I'm changing him, but it doesn't always work. It can take between 15-20mins to change him some days I swear he's part worm lol.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    100 Posts in a week
    I have no suggestions dd who just turned two throws those thpe of tantrums every time I brush her hair. Throws herself back, archs, screams etc.
    Also when she's tired and super cranky shell just throw herself back and has hit her head on many of objects including a wall.
    So whilst I have no suggestions, your definately not the only one

Sent from my PP4MT-7 using The Bub Hub mobile app