+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default dd waking up wet every morning!

Our 20mo, 13.5kg dd is waking up wet from a leaking nappy every morning for the last week. Previously it was about once a week. She is simply filling her nappy overnight and I'm at a loss as to know what to do. She is waking up at around 5 - 5:30am in distress & quite wet & then she won't go back to sleep.

She's in Huggies 16kg+ nappies (she is very tall) and has been for some time. I tried Aldi nappies, but they are smaller than the Huggies and she still wet through. She's a tummy sleeper and I think that's part of the problem, but not a full explanation.

What is the next step? I've stood and stared at the nappy section at various supermarkets and I'm not sure what to do. Pull-ups say they let the child know they are wet and surely that's not what I want right now ... she needs to feel comfy and stay asleep!

Mods please feel free to move this if you think it's in the wrong section. Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you tried Huggies boy nappies? My dd is 15.5mo and about a month ago she started wetting through her night nappy, she's also a tummy sleeper.

I got her the boy nappies as they have more absorbency at the front and we've not had a leakage since!!

Also, when we put the nappy on, we make sure the front sits slightly higher than the back to allow even more absorbency towards the front.

Hth

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PaulsParadigm For This Useful Post:

αληθη  (06-06-2013),mim1  (06-06-2013),Raising Leprechauns  (06-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My sister had the same issue with her boy, she used to put a pad (yes the type we use monthly) in his nappy to help with some of the absorption... She just used to get cheap surf board type ones :-)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to AmyEL For This Useful Post:

mim1  (06-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dd started doing this at around that age and at this time of year and I think she was getting a bit cold which was making her go more. We started heating up her room a bit at night - not excessively, just to make sure the chill was taken off and it got a lot better. Her nappy was still full but not leaking. Could the cold weather be a factor?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to wktz For This Useful Post:

mim1  (06-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DD went through a couple of phases like this. I used to put on sudocrem then cornflour (helped with keeping the moisture off her skin) then line her nappy with a bamboo flushable liner and use a snap-on plastic type nappy cover over the top, or a second, larger nappy.

eta: flushable liners like this http://www.peapods.com.au/Bamboo_Flu...iners_p/bl.htm and covers like this: http://www.darlingsdownunder.com.au/...pid=131&mcat=1
    Last edited by meatpopsicle; 06-06-2013 at 10:00. Reason: adding info

9. The Following User Says Thank You to meatpopsicle For This Useful Post:

mim1  (06-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This just started happening to my 2 year old DS recently. I swapped to BabyLove dri-wave (those new ones on the TV adverts) for night times and ended up liking them so much that I use them during the day now too!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to captainscaptain For This Useful Post:

mim1  (06-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD goes thru these phases. We tried huggies boys nappies then We got onto baby love nappies dri-wave. Sometimes she will wet thru them too though.
    So no advice from me just that - it happens and its possibly just an on/off phase we have to deal with. PITA is what it is!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Muffet For This Useful Post:

mim1  (06-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My daughter is a heavy wetter too and found Coles comfy bot nappies to be fantastic! Haven't had one over flow yet.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to lisaandshaun For This Useful Post:

mim1  (06-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Can you change her before you go to bed while she's sleeping?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

mim1  (06-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You could try some nappy pants over top of the Huggies. I think you can get cheaper brands of them like comfy bots or aldi.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to WiseOldOwl For This Useful Post:

mim1  (06-06-2013)