+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Symptoms of ectopic pregnancy?

Hi lladies thought I would ask here before I head to the doctor tomorrow,
    the last month has been really off for me, I had my period the beginning of May, and my usual cramps, hunger, pain beforehand was a lot worse than normal, but I only bled for 1 day then light spotting for a day or so, for 2 weeks after that I had a lot of on and off very sharp pain in my lower back, I thought I may have pinched a nerve or something.

Two weeks later I had really bad cramps and a horrible headache and then started bleeding again, this time I basically spotted for 6 days and the blood went from brown to light pink (TMI sorry). This was just last week, on Saturday night I had a horrible pain in my shoulder that was very abnormal for me, and since then I've had what feels like ovulation cramps in my lower left side.
    Comes and goes during the day.

And generally just felt really off and not myself all month, well today I thought about getting a pregnancy test just in case and I did it and got a positive result.
    i did a bit of googling and seem to match up nearly all symptoms of an ectopic pregnancy, which has scared the crap out of me and I'm heading to doctor first thing tomorrow.

just wanted to ask if anyone else had had these type of problems and it turn out to not be ectopic? I just feel strange as I have 2 boys and both times I was pregnant with them I knew very quickly I was pregnant, just a strange feeling I had telling me. This time the last month all I've thought is something's wrong with me and I'm not right.

i read that if it is ectopic the pain is quite bad, I'm dealing with it ok, it does hurt but I'm not in excruciating pain or anything like that.

im not sure what answers ill get but I just needed to tell someone as I haven't told my partner about the positive test yet, I'd rather wait till the doctor tomorrow and then tell him.
    thanks for reading =)

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm not sure if this is true, but my Dr told me that when they're ectopic they will barely show a positive test result, as the body doesn't produce enough HCG.

everything's ok

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hcg can seem normal- mine was 100%.

My symptoms were non existsnt till my tube burst at 9 weeks and that is the worst pain you can ever imagine. It was picked up at 5-6 weeks via us that it was ectopic, I was treated with methotrexate which failed. I just thought I was pregnant. Only had pregnancy symptoms.

If you are concerned get many us! After I got the methotrexate shot they monitored me only by my hcg assuming if it fell the pregnancy was successfully expelled. They were so so wrong. My sac kept growing till my tube burst when my hcg was under 100.

Hth and I hope you feel better soon. I also hope it is not ectopic, they are life threatening and really terrible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went Dr this morning, she said that it could be ectopic, booked in for an 8am scan tomorrow, she basically told me that from all the things I told her that it most likely is, she checked my stomach and it HURT when she put pressure on my left side, other than that she said if I get dizzy or start feeling unwell to go straight to emergency. Got home and rang my husband and broke down on the phone and he came straight home, It's hard enough to realize I'm pregnant due to bleeding so much over the last month now added in the worry waiting for tomorrow mornings scan to see what's up.
    doubt ill be sleeping tonight =(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    My symptoms were a period while I was pg (bc HcG was so low) then bleeding that started at what I thought was CD13 of my next cycle. Did a pg test bc I had an inkling and got a strong pos.

When off for bloods that gave a count of just over 200 and I knew I was almost 7 weeks so way too low. At first I was told I was m/c'ing, but pushed for more bloods which showed my count was increasing but not doubling every 2 days. had a scan at 9 weeks which showed a pg in my left tube.

Please be very mindful of pain in your tube. By the time I had to end the pg at 9 weeks I had a bit of pain.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got struck with really bad cramps for about an hour to the point I couldn't get up then I was okay. Sore but okay.

I thought I was pregnant so I tested that night and I got a positive on the home test. My period wasn't due until the next day as I'm like clock work.

I went to doctors the next day to get a proper test and also to advise them of the cramps. Doctor sent me straight to emergency room with a letter of suspected ectopic.

I seen a doctor and had a scan. The scan tech was lovely and told me she thought it was an ectopic (I'm a staff member of the hospital so I think this is just she told me directly and it was done in a very lovely way and fully disclosed a doctor would review her finds as well). The ER doc organized my OB to come and see me which I loved as he delivered my daughter and did my D&C (to remove placenta).

He was there in no time and said my test were quite conflictive. He made the call to do a laparoscopy for my safety which I was fine with, I was in theatre within 15 minutes!

I woke up ad

Thanks
    Reviews
    I woke up and was told it wasn't ectopic, my ovary had bled. OB simply cleaned out the blood and closed me back up.

I had to wait for the scan to see if bub was okay and just generally developed as it should.

I am now 3 weeks off my due date so very blessed.

My advice is see a doctor ASAP! You just never know what's going on in there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had an ectopic pregnancy in November 2011, I had come off the pill in the August after my DS1s first bday, had a normal 'period' in September and what I though was October, 2 weeks after what I thought was my period I got excruciating stomach cramps, that lasted for about 5 mins ( I have irritable bowel so put it down to that), went to work and my stomach muscles were aching! I felt like I had run a marathon (which I def hadn't lol!). I didn't connect this to the pain in the morning though.

Did a hpt in my lunch break and got a BFP. Went to the doctor that day and for bloods and when I returned to get the results the next day I mentioned this muscle pain to my doc who referred me for an emergency ultrasound. U/S confirmed ectopic pregnancy, that had burst my Fallopian tube. I was operated on 6 hours later and my right tube removed.

The pain was never excruciating til I was actually in hospital and I think that may of been because of all the poking & prodding! But the pain was almost a constant ache and only centralised in my stomach area/muscles, even going over bumps in the car would ache.

When I look back my tube had obviously burst the Monday morning I just didn't connect it all, and it honestly wasn't that bad. Though I do have a high pain threshold.

I got very strong BFPs and my initial HCG result didn't come back as abnormal, perfectly with in the normal pregnancy range.

It was all very fast and a little scary! But I have a happy ending, I got another BFP 3 months later & have my beautiful 2nd DS, now 7 months old.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My ectopic I had no pain what so ever. I took the morning after pill and it failed and caused an ectopic pregnancy but I had no idea. I had a normal period then had pregnancy symptoms like nausea sore boobs etc. Went for bloods tests they were fine doubling every 24 hours then they stopped doubling and I asked for an early scan and straight away they realised it was ectopic I was in surgery 2 hours later. I was so lucky it hadn't ruptured but my ob said it would have be very close.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all the stories. I'm just about to leave home to go for the scan, hardly slept last night, I just can't shake the feeling that something is wrong. I just don't feel pregnant if that makes sense.
    Well I will update when I get back.