Closed Thread
Page 81 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
Results 801 to 810 of 991
  1. #801
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    2,276
    Thanks
    715
    Thanked
    1,109
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bebedayz View Post
    Hi ladies,
    just writing my list of questions for my OBGYN appt, and wondering if anyone can suggest any standard tests they've had?

    Trying to figure out why I've had spotting since TTC just after ovulation, plus also why we've not conceived yet. Apparently 59% conceive within 3 cycles...

    Any thoughts appreciated has anyone had the AMH test for number of eggs? I'm nervous to have this one, but perhaps it's useful info.

    Thanks!
    there we go i'm in the 31% with you that hasnt hope we get there soon. Have a stack of bloods my gp wanted me to get done cause he reminded me my 31st was coming up.and im old now :-( still wont do anything to check out ttc tests. If still fail this month might book in to see family planning clinic. Haven't seen my gyne since i had surgery for cervical ca 4 yrs ago, thankfully he is an ivf specialist if.ever needed was so nice. I just picked him based on the fact he didn't work at my hospital and i knew none of the nurses in theatre at his hospital lol.

    Good luck with your check up sorry i cant help.

    Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to wobblermummy For This Useful Post:

    Bebedayz  (08-07-2013)

  3. #802
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    67
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked
    6
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Bebedayz View Post
    Hi ladies,
    just writing my list of questions for my OBGYN appt, and wondering if anyone can suggest any standard tests they've had?

    Trying to figure out why I've had spotting since TTC just after ovulation, plus also why we've not conceived yet. Apparently 59% conceive within 3 cycles...

    Any thoughts appreciated has anyone had the AMH test for number of eggs? I'm nervous to have this one, but perhaps it's useful info.

    Thanks!
    Hi there! I thought the figure was more like 40% in the first 3 months! I hope it's more like 59% lol

  4. #803
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    921
    Thanks
    328
    Thanked
    326
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ohhh Felicia, sounds super promising!

    I am going to start OPKs this afternoon... I dreamt about 2 lines last night, CM is starting to change, FF has me down for O between the 9th and the 13th..

  5. #804
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,567
    Thanks
    1,559
    Thanked
    1,024
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BAKE View Post
    Ohhh Felicia, sounds super promising!

    I am going to start OPKs this afternoon... I dreamt about 2 lines last night, CM is starting to change, FF has me down for O between the 9th and the 13th..
    Good luck bake- feeling optimistic , but feel like its more of a hormonal imbalance , got doctor app tomorrow gonna try make it for today , feeling rubbish and my boobs are just huge and full on leaking
    I'm gonna get a stack of bt done

  6. #805
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,567
    Thanks
    1,559
    Thanked
    1,024
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Couldn't see my normal dr ... Crappy so had one that didn't give a dam
    Urine test negative
    Wouldn't do hcg on blood ( even though I asked 3 times)
    And I had to argue that I wanted prolactin levels checked in blood ( cause I'm lactating)
    Here's response was leave them alone and it will stop
    What does she think I'm playing with my boobs 24 /7 so that's what causing them to lactate
    Had all hormone bloods done
    Said pain/ cramping I'm experiencing is normal in cycles
    Only sent me for breast ultrasound cause I demanded it

    All in all came away feeling more rubbish not listen to and patient care was second to none .... Not!!!

  7. #806
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Raby,nsw
    Posts
    1,521
    Thanks
    108
    Thanked
    66
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Felicia View Post
    Couldn't see my normal dr ... Crappy so had one that didn't give a dam
    Urine test negative
    Wouldn't do hcg on blood ( even though I asked 3 times)
    And I had to argue that I wanted prolactin levels checked in blood ( cause I'm lactating)
    Here's response was leave them alone and it will stop
    What does she think I'm playing with my boobs 24 /7 so that's what causing them to lactate
    Had all hormone bloods done
    Said pain/ cramping I'm experiencing is normal in cycles
    Only sent me for breast ultrasound cause I demanded it

    All in all came away feeling more rubbish not listen to and patient care was second to none .... Not!!!
    What a D?ick! Can you see another doctor? i wouldn't want anything to do with him after speaking to you like that.


    Count me out this month ladies AF is here today

  8. #807
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    4,308
    Thanks
    3,424
    Thanked
    1,831
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wobblermummy View Post
    there we go i'm in the 31% with you that hasnt hope we get there soon. Have a stack of bloods my gp wanted me to get done cause he reminded me my 31st was coming up.and im old now :-( still wont do anything to check out ttc tests. If still fail this month might book in to see family planning clinic. Haven't seen my gyne since i had surgery for cervical ca 4 yrs ago, thankfully he is an ivf specialist if.ever needed was so nice. I just picked him based on the fact he didn't work at my hospital and i knew none of the nurses in theatre at his hospital lol.

    Good luck with your check up sorry i cant help.

    Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Wobbler - Do you see SR?

    Tin girl - sorry to hear of AF - it is a horrid way to herald in a bfn.

    Felicia - my 'good side' still has colustrum - and I haven't given birth since 2011! And I couldn't bf. Let us know what the dr says about it - It could be your prolactin levels being out of whack - but I do hope it's a bfp instead.

    Bebedayz - I think one of the first responses you had was pretty good - can't remember who wrote it. But yes - general hormone levels (there's a whole stack including testosterone, particularly prog.), sugar level tests (fasting insulin, glucose, etc), AMH - I haven't had that one done and a little nervous to. Cortisol test (it's a urine one- urgh), but if it's high you won't conceive as it's your stress hormone. U/s - to check on lining and ovaries and for any abnormalities/ endometriosis, Pap smear. I would also ask, if you're getting the other bloods done anyway for them to check for blood clotting disorders as it can't hurt now, but can later. It's one of the first things they check after recurrent mc but not in infertility tests - it's silly I know.
    Last edited by Little Ted; 08-07-2013 at 10:10.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Ted For This Useful Post:

    Bebedayz  (08-07-2013)

  10. #808
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,567
    Thanks
    1,559
    Thanked
    1,024
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry about af xxxx big baby dust shower for next cycle
    The way I'm going I'll be part of the August testers

    gabberqueen- she was a lady too .... You would think she would understand hormonal issues
    I'm jerked off , been in tears at home cause I feel really like rubbish and I know something Is going on big time in my body and I'm not getting any answers .
    I'm going to tell my normal doctor
    I'm jumping on comp now and finding myself a hormonal clinic , that's all they do in specialise in that area

  11. #809
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Beach
    Posts
    809
    Thanks
    786
    Thanked
    303
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Emzy5 View Post
    Smilebehappy and Felecia keepingfor you both...one lady I chatted with yesterday was telling me she got to the day of her BT and still had not had a BFP and was very sad waiting to hear result of BT only to receive the call of a BFP! so stay positive, sending you lots of babydust The Tin Girl, I am very sorry to hear AF, hope to see you back in in Jul/Aug and Bebedayz I had AMH testing before commencing IVF as my doc wanted to test as Im now 39..he didn't give me the exact stats but he did say he was impressed with the number, if you dont mind me asking, how old are you? I was expecting low numbers due to age but was very happy to be proven otherwise...I found the testing worth it for the peace of mind it gave me
    Thanks, I'm 31 years young and TTC #1 :-)

  12. #810
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Beach
    Posts
    809
    Thanks
    786
    Thanked
    303
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrsknowles View Post
    Hi there! I thought the figure was more like 40% in the first 3 months! I hope it's more like 59% lol
    I googled it and 59%!!! I must be in the 41% then...


 

Similar Threads

  1. Jolly July Testing Thread!!!
    By OurSerendipity in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 1037
    Last Post: 16-06-2013, 20:18
  2. Magical May Testing Thread
    By GDYB03 in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-04-2013, 21:57
  3. Magical May Testing Thread!
    By LillyPonds in forum Conception issues & ttc
    Replies: 437
    Last Post: 08-06-2012, 19:59

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Mother and Baby Shop
Save $$$ during our Christmas Sale Mother and Baby Shop
Great prices on Schoenhut kids pianos, toys, baby clothing as well as big brands like Pigeon, NUK, Cherub Baby and many more. Sale starts on 1 November 2016 and ends on the 27 December 2016. Hurry! Place your order today!
sales & new stuffsee all
The Health Hub
Give a new mum a fitness boost for Christmas & New Year. Studio-based, small group training sessions - cardio, strength, core, Pilates & boxing. Choice of 16 hrs per week, flexible-arrival feature - bubs & kids welcome! Gift vouchers available.
featured supporter
Life Fertility
Life Fertility Clinic is a boutique fertility clinic located in Spring Hill, Brisbane. Our dedicated fertility and IVF specialists offer professional, holistic, personalised options for the treatment of each patient’s specific needs.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!