+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How will she go with no routine

My dd is starting daycare at the end of this month so i can settle her into care before i go back to work.
    Try as i might i can not get her into much of a routine. She is a fussy eater and feeder and catnapper. She is wonderful at night though.

Ive been in childcare and i know staff find it hard with babies in no routines so im worried how she will go.

Can you offer advice support or anything?? *nervous*

The centre is great im not worried she wont be cared for... just not sure how to tell them her needs when its hard for me to know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    In think it's easier for them if there is no routine!

My DS doesn't have a routine and does well at childcare. He does eat brekkie and lunch when the others do but he is a good eater. And it's no issue if its a but early or late.

He gets put down when he seems tired which might be once or twice in the day.

Hope this helps a bit!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kw123 For This Useful Post:

Hopefully Waiting  (05-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My son has no routine at home but does really well at daycare. He's a horrible sleeper at home - 45min max, but will sleep for 2 hours there!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to lala77 For This Useful Post:

Hopefully Waiting  (05-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Still nervous.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I sort of agree with kw. My boy had a very good routine before he started daycare. It was hard for me to let go of control of his schedule: from what I've seen daycares may use a parents 'schedule' as a rough guide at the most. They put a child to sleep when it suits them as well not always the parents schedule.

So don't stress about not having a routine, they probably won't follow it anyway.

Instead write down 'general' guidelines such as "bub can generally stay awake for XYZ hours before cracking it." "These tricks help to get bub to sleep... And "bub eats mash food but not full on solids."

Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I know every child is different but my DD adapted to the daycare routine when she started. I told them rough times when she normally slept... But I found after a couple of weeks she went down when the rest of the kids did and adapted to their routine rather than the other way. Worked well for us but I can understand it may not be for everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjalee View Post
    I know every child is different but my DD adapted to the daycare routine when she started. I told them rough times when she normally slept... But I found after a couple of weeks she went down when the rest of the kids did and adapted to their routine rather than the other way. Worked well for us but I can understand it may not be for everyone.
    This happened to my DS too. Even though I gave them his routine specifically, it was never followed I'm sure. He would come home so tired in the early days.

He quickly learnt to adapt though I guess and then just slept with the other kids.