+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DD does ballet twice a week and jazz once a week and for all 3 we pay $160-$180 a term depending on how long the term is plus we pay a membership fee at the start of the year. We also have to pay for any extra dance workshops she does over breaks the one this time is going to be $50. Then she has ballet exams which is costing $65 plus however much the RADA leotard is going to be, then between the shoes and clothes so far this year we have spent $200. So by the end of the year all up we would probably pay around $1200 if not more

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Gymnastics $10 for an hr
    Ballet/jazz $8 for 45min
    Swimming lesson $14 for 45min

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great topic! My 6 yo DD just started a mixed martial arts class and I thought it was way overpriced. They charge $60 per fortnight, which works out at $15 per 30 min class twice per week. Uniform is free and there are no other fees (joining, insurance,etc). After reading these responses, it seems to be the going rate really.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Swimming $15 for 30 mins
    Kinder ballet and kinder jazz $15 for 1 hour
    Soccer $240 for the season. Covers playing kit and group photo as well.

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    $8.00 per 1/2 hour swimming lesson - also covers a week of 45 minute intensive training each school holidays, so it's really less than $8.00 per lesson.

$60 per season for auskick
    Last edited by HugsBunny; 05-06-2013 at 09:42.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Private swimming lessons $21/ 30 mins
    Speech $75/30 mins each for x 2 kids
    Ot $140/ 45mins each for x 2 kids

Braiiiiins
    *60kilos lost*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Swimming- $11 per 30 minute lesson (once a week) an looking into karate if we can afford without dropping swimming. Ds could use help with confidence (shyness) and peer interaction. He's a sensitive boy and we worry about bullying down the track. He also prefers sitting still- so fun active activities are the aim.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Dd is nearly 3 she does-

ballet- $13/half hour class of 6
    swimming-$20/ half hour (were at a place that was $10/ half hour, but it was always a new teacher and the pools were freezing!)
    kindergym- $8ish/45 mins.

we have to pay these all at the start of the term so its an expensive time!
    Last edited by F&A; 05-06-2013 at 10:19.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS's karate works out at $5 per hour...which is a bargain it seems lol However, we spend a lot on equipment and gradings and he competes (just qualified for the national titles which is awesome but they are in Sydney so between comp fees and accom and travel, that will cost over $1000 and next year he will more than likely attempt his black belt which is $450!).

My issue with DD...is that it is a set rate and I don't feel that a 3 year old should be training 4 days a week and I feel that she does not get the same out of the classes as an adult so the fees should be lower.

Our karate does offer referral discounts...so when DD starts, DH's fortnightly rate will go down to $50. If we refer more people the fee's keep going down...so essentially if i have 6 people we have referred, DH would train for free and then if we get more then we could start reducing DD's fees...DS's are set though, no changing those.

I take DD swimming and she is coming along well, I don't feel the need for formal lessons for that. Because DS does gymnastics and both DH and DS do karate...she would be devastated not to train with them. I just begrudge paying the same for a 3 year old as I do for the boys (i see it as very different) but it seems the $15 a lesson is pretty average.

Also, there are no terms as it is a prof gym so it is all year round and the gym only closes for 1 week xmas - new year.

sigh, i was hoping to be vindicated but it seems perhaps the gym is right and it is normal to pay more for kinder activities than older ones (hourly rate wise). Bugger lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Dd is in a music and dance class which is 137$ a term which works out to be $12.50 a week for a 1 hour a week session
    Its nt anythin formal persae but she has fun :-)
    Sent from my PP4MT-7 using The Bub Hub mobile app