+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Made the mistake of telling the in-laws my favourite name if we have a daughter last night. MIL said, 'no, no you cant do that' with much shaking of the head. DH has never been convinced by the name so looks & me & says, 'well that's the end of that then', devastated!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We kept it a secret with DD, and will be keeping it a secret this time too. Once we have a name that is!!
    People just can't help themselves and feel free to make negative comments before a baby is born. Once a baby is born I think people are less likely to 'poo-poo' a name.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have only told one friend and that's because I know that she will not say anything bad (in fact she likes them) and I know she wouldn't "steal" them. As for family and the rest of our friends there is no way we are telling them anything as I don't want to have any negative comments about them. DH and I love the names we have picked and that's not going to change but I don't want to hear negativity regarding them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm not pregnant yet (starting the first round of IVF (ICSI) in about a month); but DH and I have got way ahead of ourselves and already picked our top 3 names for boys and girls. If the IVF (ICSI) is successful, I probably won't share the names with anyone other than here on BubHub (and Essential Baby, where I also hang out), if only for help deciding between the three options for each gender.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I told everyone. We ignored most of the comments. And pretty much were to happy with our choices to care what other's thought. I have no regrets.
    Both my boys names were chosen before the 20 week mark.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have told some people mostly just work colleagues as they don't know family and relatives ect and our parents that it will most likely be the one we have picked . Just unsure of using a middle name or not yet. I really would like to use my mums name as a middle name but I know DH mum will get the poos over it but then again why should I care I'm the one pushing bub out hehe .

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm usually the one giving others surprises so as soon as it was me getting the surprise of our pregnancy i couldn't help but tell everyone and especially once we knew the sex, but have managed to keep his name a secret, have only given everyone his first initial....has been very tough lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im keeping the names we have secret unlike DH who likes to tell EVERYONE. I know our my mum will dislike my choices and will nag to know but Im determined not to share. The only problem with secret names is someone using it unknowingly and then being unable to use it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We told a few people. Mainly just in case there was a reason we didn't realise that it wouldn't work (Jenna Taylor or Drew Peacock for example).

Ive had people on Facebook refer to their unborn by name in statuses etc. I think that's a bit odd.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Deleted - meant to use quote
    Last edited by Starfish30; 08-08-2013 at 16:57.