Quote Originally Posted by Curby View Post
    We told everyone and only had good responses
    A success story - yay!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JungleMum For This Useful Post:

Curby  (05-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Our first 2 we told people but with number 3 whenever we thought of a name people would say hurtful things so when we decided on a definite we kept it a secret until after he was born so no one could say anything and also because we picked the name my Mum had suggested and we wanted to surprise her. Then we sent a picture to everyone with his name after he arrived.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Before we started trying I would throw names around with family & friends, and no one ever said they didn't like them, so it probably wouldn't be a big problem if we told everyone our names (most of our are still undecided, but there is one boy's name that I LOVE and want to use if this bub is a boy).

But since I've actually been pregnant, I've been reluctant to share any name ideas with anyone, just because we will be finding out & sharing the gender with everyone, so I'd like to keep them guessing with names.

I think we'll either start giving people joke names, or just saying that we're waiting to actually lay eyes on bub before deciding on a name, even if we're already 100% decided.

I do like that Boost Juice idea, but the one name I love isn't really unusual, so I wouldn't expect many strange looks anyway. May have to try it out if we choose another name though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We told the shortlist of names. We figured that if there was some major reason why we shouldn't use that name that we couldn't see (ie Richard Head) we'd much rather know before hand!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Eh, we told everyone the names we picked for both our boys way before 20 weeks of pregnancy. We got some comments, some pretty heartless ones. But it didn't change our minds.
    Only one comment from my mother influenced me enough to give DS2 a second middle name. (His initials were going to be D.O.D, my mother said "Dead on Delivery" and so I added a second middle name)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Meh we told everyone as soon as we were certain with ds with dd everyone knew the potential names. We onky got negative comments from mil who didn't like that ds first name and middle started with the same letter but it didn't stop us :-)

Sent from my PP4MT-7 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ds1 didn't have a name till 6 hours after he was born, there were short listed ones that I got mixed reactions to though. Some people were polite but others were a bit rude really.

We chose a name for ds2 as soon as we found out he was a he. Everyone really liked his first and middle names. The only person we kept it a secret from was my dad as he asked if we could keep the gender a secret. All good.

almai is offline "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We picked a name from our short list not long after we found out it was a boy but haven't told anyone yet!
    All our family and most friends knew we were trying (IUI) and then knew it was a boy straight away so we wanted something to keep as a surprise!

All my family are starting to freak out though, assuming we have picked something really unusual and keep giving me newspaper articles on 'bad' names and the effects it can have on children.
    I think they will be suprised at his actual name, as is very common and 'normal' but has huge meaning for us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by almai927 View Post

All my family are starting to freak out though, assuming we have picked something really unusual and keep giving me newspaper articles on 'bad' names and the effects it can have on children.
    Hilarious! My parents have been very supportive thankfully. My Dad has actually been reading the birth notices every weekend since we told him, looking up what's coming through & telling me what's a bit too popular. He has decided what we are having & chosen a (surprisingly beautiful) name and keeps giving me stats on how often that name comes up too. Bless!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to JungleMum For This Useful Post:

almai  (05-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We kept names to ourselves right up until we announced her arrival.

I didn't want to have to hear other ppl's opinions, as at the end of the day it was DP and my decision, and we didn't want to be influenced by others.

It was hard though as ppl can be quite persistent.

Good luck