+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    im very lucky with all three kiddies plus a miscarriage I conceived within 1-2 months. My 3rd bubba was a surprise as my cycles were still crazy long after my 2nd child

2. The Following User Says Thank You to nikki61087 For This Useful Post:

cmwtc2012  (06-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    After watching my mother go through IVF (when i was approx 12yrs old) with her 2nd husband, after years of trying etc and never getting a 2nd child (I was also an IVF child) it dawned on me that i may to have major dramas.

We started 6 months earlier than originally planned just in case. I upped my private health insurance to include reproductive services etc... I was FULLY expecting hell on the conceiving front.

Add in my first cousins also have major dramas, IVF again after x amount of years of trying.

I have natural 6 week cycles so also figured that would harm my chances.

I came off the pill on September 26th 2012. I waited and waited, No withdrawal (post pill) bleed, No first period ... no spotting. NOTHING. WTF ?

October 28th, Positive OPK ( I was using them to give me some trying to conceive hope.. i felt i had to do "something" in the baby making plans to atleast settle my mind we were trying)

November 6th, Melbourne Cup Day ... BFP.

Still no period... never got one off the pill!

Downgraded my private health cover that week, We wouldnt even be making the 12 month waiting period lol.

I seriously thought it could NOT happen that fast. Seems it certainly CAN!

Im 35 weeks pregnant tomorrow with a boy.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsR2012 For This Useful Post:

cmwtc2012  (09-06-2013),Mamasupial  (09-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    both my sisters had issues conceiving so I expected the same. After 8 years on the pill I come off in August and conceived in October. On the mini pill and breastfeeding after that, stopped mini pill in September, (still breastfeeding my son who was 14 months old) and conceived after a withdrawal bleed. In both cases we only dtd once that month and both times I presumed was too late in my cycle.
    Have just had a BFP today while using Billings method for contraception for all of 3 months. I am currently breastfeeding dd who is 23 months still (have had issues with hormone contraceptives)
    I joke with hubby that all I have to do is take my knickers off and we are in trouble lol

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to noobie For This Useful Post:

cmwtc2012  (09-06-2013),Mamasupial  (09-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So great to read positive stories! I don't have one to post yet personally, but I know my mother and both sisters conceived really quickly, and that would be 7 healthy pregnancies between them (with twins thrown in for good measure!). There was one m/c as well, but this a thread for happy stories

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JCT For This Useful Post:

cmwtc2012  (10-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    ExDH and I fell pregnant first go with DS.

Then with DD's dad we used the withdrawal method and were obviously unsuccessful (that was the only weekend we DTD at all). My cycles are spot on 28 days and I can feel myself ovulating on day 14 each cycle, so I must be very fertile.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

cmwtc2012  (10-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had been told I probably wouldn't be able to get pregnant at age 19 after my appendix burst and damaged my ovaries.

Wasn't too concerned at the time as was not in the least clucky... fast forward to when I hit 35 and started thinking perhaps I might like to have a baby one day but again, not too fussed and not sure enough to go off Birth Control.

Found 'the one' aged 38, got pregnant without even really trying and having a baby on Friday!! 5 days before I hit 40!!!!!!!

The one turned out to not be the one so going it alone and I couldn't be happier!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Leopard For This Useful Post:

cmwtc2012  (10-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Leopard View Post
    having a baby on Friday!! 5 days before I hit 40!!!!!!!
    Friday as in this Friday...?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JCT View Post
    Friday as in this Friday...?
    Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and a bit of this too

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have had five pregnancies and 3 babies.

DD1 was conceived first go I was 29.
    DS1 conceived the month before we were going to start trying - doc said to wait on ttc while waiting for some test results - oops but all went ok anyway! I was 37.
    Then 2 m/c, first 3 months to conceive, second two months to conceive age 39.
    DD2 3 months to conceive aged 40 and was smoothest pregnancy of them all and cruisiest baby too so far.
    Good luck!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to PeaBee For This Useful Post:

cmwtc2012  (10-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Leopard View Post
    Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and a bit of this too

How lovely

I would be running around like a headless chook, not chilling out on a forum. Well done you!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to JCT For This Useful Post:

Miss Leopard  (10-06-2013)