+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Once you've told her she's probably the best person to see as she will make sure she doesn't make a mistake with you again! You probably won't find a more thorough GP than her now

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yikes, I've only just read through this and I'm SO glad you went to the ED and had your little one checked out. That sounds like a really scary thing to experience and I can't imagine how worried you must have been when you found out that it was more serious.

As for your GP... Phwar. I can't believe she thought cold sores were no biggy for a little one. I mean I thought that was pretty common knowledge, how could a GP not know that? I totally know what you mean about not having the choice of GPs though, where I am you're lucky if you can even get to SEE one. And that's after several hours of sitting in a waiting room hoping they can get you in because they don't take appointments. It's insane.
    But honestly, I also am not suprised you weren't concerned until other people told you that you should be. Who questions their GP who's supposed to have many years of medical experience? I know I often don't! It definitely is a wake up call for me to be far more vigilant in the future.

I hope your angel is feeling better soon, I'll be sending heaps of healing vibes. Get well soon little one .

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Eko For This Useful Post:

Disbride  (11-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So we finally got the test results back today and it turns out that it's not cold sores...

They don't know what it is...

She does look a hell of a lot better and they're talking about sending us home. Basically the dr said that it could be better due to the antiviral, or it could just have been time. There are some more results coming back this afternoon that they're going to wait for before taking her off the drip just in case.

I told them I'd be Ok with staying for a few more days just to make sure but they said there really was no point and that I can come back for a follow up in a couple of days.

I'm really happy to be going home, but I'm worried about if it comes back and we have to start treatment from the beginning.

Sent from my doodad on the whatsimagiggy

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Disbride For This Useful Post:

αληθη  (11-06-2013),Lauzy83  (11-06-2013),Mod-Nomsie  (11-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It must be a relief it isn't cold sores - I hope the other results give you some more insight though so you can have some peace of mind.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad it's not cold sores OP, I hope you have some answers soon, I have been thinking about you both, must had been very frightening experience.

Huge hugs xxxxxx

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thank.goodness it's not cold sores! I hope she continues to improve OP. Thinking of you xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did it come back clear for a staph infection? My kids get school sores and it kinda looks like the sores she has on her face and they can be cause by staph or strep I'm guessing the dr's have already tested for that though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay for no cold sores!! Boo for no answers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodeobull View Post
    Did it come back clear for a staph infection? My kids get school sores and it kinda looks like the sores she has on her face and they can be cause by staph or strep I'm guessing the dr's have already tested for that though
    I think that should be in the results we get today. However I'm still waiting for them to update me.

I'm so sick of waiting for results...

I was thinking either staff or chicken pox. Hopefully we'll know any minute now

Sent from my doodad on the whatsimagiggy

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Great to know you are going home.. and even though there is a possibility it may come back again, at least this time you will be better prepared, and you can take her straight to the hospital without the middle step of visiting the GP first.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

Disbride  (18-06-2013)