+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default North Shore Private booking fee??

Hi ladies, not sure if this has been discussed before here, but Im just wondering if everyone that has booked at NSP had to pay the $250 booking fee.

Apparently this is non refundable and does not go towards your excess or other costs at the hospital.. from what i understand it is just to secure the booking and to pay for wifi etc etc. Is this fee normal for private hospitals? Just not sure how to take it. I was planning on paying for a parental suite ($500) anyway but with this fee on top it just seems a bit excessive, i dont have much experience with going to hospitals as iv never been sick and this is my first baby so am not sure if this is standard. It was also just a bit of a surprise as it does not state that fee anywhere on the hospitals website that i could see and I only found out about it from the package they send out to you after you book online.
    Thanks for your help!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't been to that particular hospital, but it is not a standard fee that all private hospitals charge. The only fee I had to pay at my hospital was my $250 excess.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, it was $25 when I gave birth there last year. Sorry that's not helpful for you, but there was a fee to pay when I went there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is actually $225, exact wording they gave for the fee is

"This fee is to secure your booking and is non-refundable, it is in addition to your hospital excess/co-payment and it is not claimable from your health fund.
    The incidental fee includes access for you and your visitors to foxtel, internet, access to internet business centres, daily newspaper and our sleep and settling DVD." (not that I will be utilising the business centers much after birth heheh)

I suppose its not alot in the whole scheme of things, and i am sure its for a good reason but it would of been nice if they clearly stated it on thier website so it wasnt a surprise esp when trying to budget for everything

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What a ripoff!