+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Can someone please explain to me

in the most simple way possilbe (pretend you talking to a 10 year old) lol about private cover hospital cover and why i should have it now i'm 31, i don't understand, dp is 34 and doesn't have it, we really can't afford any more bills but the way i'm reading it it's like we should have it, oh so confused

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Lol, same here. Df is turning 31 this month so we need to get it for him. From what I understand it's just hospital cover you need to avoid the loading as you age if you delay getting it.

Hopefully someone can answer and explain properly

Thanks
    Reviews
    We just got it for DH. My understanding is that without health insurance you pay more on your tax return if you're over 31. If you get the insurance you will pay more overall, but obviously have the benefits that come with having health insurance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got private health insurance last year because i want to start ttc in october im on medium hospital cover and medium extras cover they lady said thats all i would need for ttc i pay $95 a month and when i go into hospital i have a $500 excess that means i have to pay $500 only once you can pick to have $250 excess but then you will pay more each month with my extras i get cheaper dental and optical with my hospital i can go private hope this helps

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Subbing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I *think* you're supposed to get it before your 31st birthday to avoid the loading? The 'loading' basically means you get charged a bit more as a 'punishment' for getting it so late.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you've already turned 31 I think you will be getting the loading so I wouldn't bother getting it until you were starting TTC (or whatever else you might need it for), but remember there are wait periods before you can use it - 12 months for maternity.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Staceyj13 View Post
    I got private health insurance last year because i want to start ttc in october im on medium hospital cover and medium extras cover they lady said thats all i would need for ttc i pay $95 a month and when i go into hospital i have a $500 excess that means i have to pay $500 only once you can pick to have $250 excess but then you will pay more each month with my extras i get cheaper dental and optical with my hospital i can go private hope this helps
    Staceyj13 was just wondering who you have cover with if you don't mind telling. I am looking to switch but haven't really found a good enough deal and we are still considering a third baby do need to keep pregnancy cover which seems to make payments sky rocket!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Meld85 View Post
    Staceyj13 was just wondering who you have cover with if you don't mind telling. I am looking to switch but haven't really found a good enough deal and we are still considering a third baby do need to keep pregnancy cover which seems to make payments sky rocket!!!
    Im with bupa i told them i only want it for pregnancy and dental and they said the medium cover was all i needed every time I've call bupa they have been excellent i rang over 20 times in the first month because i just didn't understand what i was covered for and they were very nice every time i called

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will give them a call - thanks!!!