+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Als bub
    reading your post rings so many bells. Lovely names btw!
    We had a list of names for boys and girls because we didn't know what we were expecting. We ended up with a little boy who we named Adam (after his great grandfather who passed away) I didn't mind the name but wasn't in love with it. my husband didn't like any of the names i wanted either (Nathan, Oliver, Zachary) but after bub arrived he agreed to let me name bub..... I called him Adam only because I know my husband wanted to honour his grand dad. He is very much an Adam now. But i will definitely be naming the next one!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Yep, I did.

Why? Because it wasn't MY decision alone... because if it was, I had a name in mind, but my daughter's father didn't agree. I had to compromise, and it got to the point where the moment he suggested anything barely tolerable, I agreed, because I was sick of talking about it and I doubt his suggestions would have gotten any better (he rejected all of my suggestions).

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep. DS1's middle name. I HATED it. With a passion. Every man that I've ever known with that name has been a complete d0uchecanoe. But it's DH's father's name and DH absolutely flat out insisted that we use it.
    Who knows what would have happened if I'd insisted on using MY dad's name! Anyway, DH made a good point. He said that instead of letting the name remind me of sh!tty morons, I should let it remind me of his dad. Who, for the record, is a supercool, amazingly awesome guy. So that really helped me to get over my dislike of the name to some degree.
    I'm still not happy with it, but I don't resent him having that name anymore.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was in your position up until about 3 weeks before DS birth. Simply because DH and loved different names.
    Then he came up with Dante, and I loved it, lucky we had a boy as the girls names I wasn't completely sold on, they were all compromises....

Our struggle next time will be finding something we both love that 'goes' with Dante....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I wanted Eva, but DH didn't want it. We settled on Ella. Couldn't imagine her as an Eva now