+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Did you ever pick a name you weren't 100% sold on?

Have you LOVED the names you picked for your babies?

My DS has the most perfect name and we picked it out when I was about 16 weeks pregnant. We didn't even know the sex but I was so sure of the name that it was all we picked out and luckily he was a he! The name suits him to a tee.

Now we are expecting bub number 2 in 7 weeks and I can't choose anything. There are plently of names that I 'like' but none that im totally in love with the same way I was the first time.

Did you ever select a name that you werent 100% sold on? Did it grow on you or did you regret your choice? Im so worried I'll pick the wrong name when the time comes!

Also up for suggestions of both boy and girl names that go with sibling Lucas - need all the help I can get!

Thanks,

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Als Bub For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (04-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The name we end up with for no.1 is almost guaranteed to be something I'm not 100% with. DH doesn't like any of my favourites & doesn't really have any of his own ideas. We have some 'nice' names picked out but none that I think are really amazing.

I was thinking about that exact question last night, looking at our list wondering whether the names will be 'perfect' once attached to DS/DH?

Naming is such a big deal! The pressure to get it right!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I had a couple of boys names I used to say I would have when I was teenager (fantasising about the long off future lol) but went on to only have girls and definitely wouldn't have used the names even if I had a boy(s), the names were Atticus and James, not that I don't particularly like them anymore, but I was a young teenage girl and my taste changed.

My Mum didn't like my sister's Christian name (my Dad named her) and to this day some 30 odd years later she still doesn't! Funnily enough, neither does my sister, but I suspect my Mum may have projected some negativity onto that.

Have a look at this thread where some hubbers have discussed 'name regrets'.

http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...egret+the+name

All the best, naming your child as you know, is a big deal, so imo you really should be sold on it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH choose DD1's name, and at first I didn't really like it that much. But it grew on me

The only name I was 100% on was DS, I loved his name and as soon as I found out he was a boy it was decided.

The younger girls we liked, but probably not 100%. I don't think we will be with this one either!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, we went in with a list of names for DD and hubby picked her name. It was probably my least favourite of those on the list but I have grown to like it & it really suits her.
    This time round I'm really stugglibg to come up with names I like. There is only 1 on the list at the moment.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It's hard because not only do you have to love the name, but your partner does, too. There were probably around 5 names I was tossing up between before settling on my DD's name, but it was the ONY name that DH and I could agree on. I do however adore the name, as it's her name and the only name that I could possibly imagine suiting her
    As for our first borns name, that was much easier as we both loved his name equally and was the one and only name we ever discussed.

Lucas is a great name. Maybe you could post a list of names that you have narrowed down for your soon to arrive baby if you're after opinions?

My favourite girls name right now is Ivy Samantha (don't really have a fave boys name)
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 04-06-2013 at 09:42.

Allymumtobe is offline Winner 2012 - Most Optimistic Poster
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We had names we liked them when DS was diagnosed we totally rethought his name and it was 100% perfect for him when he was born.

Now I am scared I can't fluke the same brilliance with my next lol especially since DH and I rarely feel the same way about a name lol

Angus 4~6~13, loved - wanted - missed

Thanks
    Reviews
    I posted this very q a couple of months ago (nearly literally word for word!):http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...100-happy-with - some very varied and great responses in there.

DS2 ended up being nameless for around 3 or 4 days, because we just couldn't find a name that fit him. We had decided we were going to use DH's granddad's name for his middle name. After a few days we kept coming back to using this name as his first name - we couldn't imagine calling him anything else and it suited him perfectly. My only reservations on using the name were that it's very common, but it has special meaning to us, so I don't worry about it being common anymore. We then used my grandpa's name for his middle name.

My advice is to definately wait until your bubba is born, and take your time. Use the names you think you might like out loud with your new bub and you will find one that fits

ETA: and don't rule anything out! You might find, like me, you decide on a name that you previously wouldn't have used.
    Last edited by decemberbubba; 04-06-2013 at 10:05.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the responses ladies. I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one who feels this way. The pressure is getting to me I think!
    The big problem is getting DH to agree with what I like haha.
    He has vetoed my fav boy names of Oscar and Noah and I'm probably still hoping in vain that he might change his mind on one of those when the time comes.

Other boys names we both 'like':
    James
    Jack
    Thomas
    Darcy
    Lachlan
    Will
    Benjamin
    Patrick
    Harry

Girls:
    Isla
    Kate
    Eve
    Clare
    Eden (Eadie)

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DS has a unisex name and was going to be called that no matter the gender. I just loved it.

Recently with DD, DP suggested "Elizabeth" at 6weeks and I said it can go on the maybe list. Wasnt instant love.....but during my pregnancy, whenever I thought about the possibility of bubby being a girl I mentally referred to her as Elizabeth. Whenever another name was suggested it just didnt seem right....Elizabeth was "her name". By the time she arrived, I loved the name and still do, even though it has no 'wow factor' ....though I absolutely loathe the nicknames Liz and Lizzy....yet everyone is calling her that

12. The Following User Says Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

Miss Leopard  (04-06-2013)