+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Pregnant but peeing less than normal?

Hi All,

Cringing at having to post this & the subject line but I'm not finding much information about this online so trying trusty Bubhub.

I'm just over 11 weeks now & around about week 5/6 I had the urge to pee all the time. It was crazy (and so suspicious at work)! However, a few weeks on, I actually feel like I go less frequently than I did pre-pregnancy. What is concerning is that my current ****** is now really short also. I have the urge to go, but when I go, I'm done in 5-10 seconds which is much less than pre-pregnancy.

Still drinking about the same amount of water. And I do have to go at least once during the night, which is unusual for me, but is normal for pregnancy.

Does anyone have any reason for why this might be happening? Have you experienced it & was everything ok? Do I call my OB's office?

Thanks!
    Last edited by JungleMum; 04-06-2013 at 00:43.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had this.. I went to the doctor & asked if I had a UTI or something! Anyway for me it was nothing! Doctor said keep drinking lots & don't worry about it! Soon enough I was needing to pee lots again!

If it provides peace of mind call your OB otherwise give it a week or two & you'll wish you were peeing less again!

ETA: was around the same stage you are now when this happened.. Now 22weeks & everything is perfect

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tea&toast For This Useful Post:

JungleMum  (04-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I wouldn't worry too much but if you're concerned see your ob.
    Lol later on and you're further along you'll live for the days when you don't go 30+ times a day
    Sent from my PP4MT-7 using The Bub Hub mobile app

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MonsterMoosMum For This Useful Post:

JungleMum  (04-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    In my previous pregnancy I hardly peed at all. I was drinking normally but only peed about once every 12hrs. I really struggled at the end to produce samples for my ob, and when I did they were soooo dark it was embarrassing.

Still not sure where the fluid was going as I never gained weight in my pregnancy, though after my CS when I had the catheter in the bag kept filling up really quickly.

I'm 14 weeks with bubba #2 now and I think I'm peeing less again, though not to the same extent as last time (yet).

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

JungleMum  (04-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I pee heaps in early pregnancy then it all settles down- especially around the stage your at. I think as your uterus lifts up out of your pelvis more and the hormones of early pregnancy settle your urinary frequency drops until later in pregnancy when your bladder starts to get really squashed again.

In regards to urination time shortening I'm not sure... I guess pregnancy hormones makes everything downstairs change a fair bit- maybe it alters how relaxed your urethra is so you pass urine more efficiently... If your urine colour is not suggesting you are dehydrated then its probably all ok.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mjk For This Useful Post:

JungleMum  (04-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your reassurance ladies. I read it can be a UTI but I've had them pre-pregnancy & they are excruciating so assuming its not that.

I'm going to monitor the situation today - how much water I drink, how many times I go, length, colour, so that if I do decide to call the OBs office, I will have meaningful info.

And yes, I totally agree that I'll be dreaming of this situation when I'm further along & up down all night. Especially in winter since our house doesn't have an ensuite! =)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You probably need to drink more. The further your pregnancy goes the more you will need to drink. You're also at the point where your uterus is starting to move up over your pubic bone so your bladder is not getting squashed as much.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to DarcyJ For This Useful Post:

JungleMum  (04-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Darcy, you might be right. I assumed it was 'waste' but maybe my body is absorbing everything it can? Will step up the water intake.

I've been monitoring all day so far & its definitely way less than normal (pre-pregnancy).