+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cassieh View Post
    Why don't you get a place & offer to have your mum live with you as well.. I don't entirely agree with the other posters saying to let the adults fend for themselves. I wouldn't knowingly let my mum have nowhere to go.. Especially after she took you in (I assume after you & your partner broke up). As for your brothers.. I agree they should fend for themselves. But I wouldn't let your mum have nowhere to go... I would at least offer her a place with you & your daughter if you get accepted.
    I am happy to - I don't however, think I will get accepted for a lease, as I have only one lease on my rental history and I broke it after 3 months, so don't like my own chances of being accepted...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    With those hours there's no reason you couldn't get work in nursing/aged care- I'm a nurse and in the past have had availability of 4 shifts a week- and guess what- got all 4.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokeybear View Post
    Hi Lucy

I'm not sure what state you are in but in WA department of housing will lend you bond and first 2 weeks rent ( you pay back an agreed amount over time)

What are the rents like where you live price wise, is it possible to get something for $200 pw?

Is a caravan a short term affordable option?

A shared situation could be good with the right person, perhaps another mum with a child a similar age to your DD.

Sorry you are in this situation Lucy, keep us updated xxxx
    I'm in Qld. As far as the bond etc goes, my other half has me covered! I have had a bond load before that I had transferred out of my name so I don't think they'd approve that again. A caravan may be, however I wouldn't feel comfortable putting my DD in that situation. I have been previously, and would rather have the ex have her for a week or two while I found something better and more stable/clean/etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'd be looking for something I can afford on my own.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Double post.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lucymoo View Post
    I'm in Qld. As far as the bond etc goes, my other half has me covered! I have had a bond load before that I had transferred out of my name so I don't think they'd approve that again. A caravan may be, however I wouldn't feel comfortable putting my DD in that situation. I have been previously, and would rather have the ex have her for a week or two while I found something better and more stable/clean/etc.
    That sounds fair, I am glad you have the back up of her dad to take some pressure of you, can you look for a private rental perhaps? With DD at her dads 50% you could probably get away with a 1 bedroom.

Do you think you are blacklisted? I would be calling the previous agency asking what your status is just so you know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did you get black listed for breaking your lease? Like you didn't pay the rent out or lost your bond? If so then it would be hard to get a lease perhaps look for a private rental. If you not then you shouldn't have a problem.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think you should apply for a job, tomorrow, if there are places nearby where you can work. You could work every Wed/Thur/Fri.

I also think you should apply for rentals, tomorrow. And lots of them, to increase your chances. If you can't afford a unit/house, what about a granny flat?

Thanks
    Reviews
    You won't get knocked back just because you've broken a lease previously, things happen. As long as you took care of your share of the responsibilities that will show.

You would be able to apply for a rental bond. I don't believe there is a limit to how many you've had, as long as you paid back previous ones.

I'm surprised that your mum is getting rejected due to rent arrears from 4+ years ago. As long as she has been up to date for a while it should be ok, it's always good to ask why you weren't approved for a place.

Go to EVERY real estate agency tomorrow. Explain what your looking for, the fact you need somewhere pretty soon. Also look into private rentals. A granny flat may suit you (and your budget)

Is it possible to look for places with your mum?

Most of all, good luck