+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default constipated at 27weeks

Hey sorry for the topic! ! I havebeen ffine the wholw pregnancy but now has been 8 days sinceI have been. Have tried lots fruit andvegetable, metamucl and fibre cereals even prune juice. Should I head to the doctor or keep trying? ? Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    are you taking an iron supplement? that made it worse for me... I cut back on it to give myself a relief for a few days

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just normal pre natals. Have not taken for 4-5 days in case it was that..still nothing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had this problem heaps during both pregnancies and My doctor told me to boil some water and drink it while its as warm as I possibly can handle. I live in the tropics and dehydration up here can cause you to back up a bit and it being warm will help soften things up. Try and do that as often as you can. It usially works for me a an hour or two afterwards. Could be worth a try. :-)

Sent from my HTC Desire using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    how's your water intake? are you drinking at least 1800mls?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My body has been keeping 'it' hostage almost my whole pregnancy & I'm only 11 weeks! Try psyllium husk, it works wonders and is considered safe during pregnancy. Drink lots of water too with it. I also eat organic prunes but cant be sure if they make any difference. I do notice a difference if I haven't had a good dose of vegetables the day before though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i hadn't gone for about 3 days and ended up trying a tin of pear golburn valley pear juice and ate about 8 prunes before bed last night and this morning i felt like it was christmas lol . Also a weird question for the ladies that have suffered constipation did you lose your appetite, im usually up at 4:30am starving but the last 2 mornings i was up at 8:30, not sure if there is a link if not now im worried i have hurt bub from all the straining trying to go

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairy82 View Post
    i hadn't gone for about 3 days and ended up trying a tin of pear golburn valley pear juice and ate about 8 prunes before bed last night and this morning i felt like it was christmas lol . Also a weird question for the ladies that have suffered constipation did you lose your appetite, im usually up at 4:30am starving but the last 2 mornings i was up at 8:30, not sure if there is a link if not now im worried i have hurt bub from all the straining trying to go
    I was starving for most of my pregnancy but by the time I was in my third trimester I didn't want to eat much. I think because bub was big enough to start squishing my tummy, I didn't often feel hungry. I actually threw up a couple of times because I overestimated how much I could fit in my stomach So the lack of hunger is probably just normal for you too. Don't worry, it comes back once bub has dropped.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you go to the pharmacy, there are some safe over the counter things you can try. Coloxyl (make sure you get the one without senna) is safe - it has a brown label - it's a stool softener. Or the other one that may work is lactulose - it's called Actilax - it's an osmotic agent so draws water into the stool. Both are relatively mild and are safe to use in pregnancy. Check with the pharmacist if you're concerned and they can show you the Australian Medicines Handbook (has info about indications, mechanism of action, doses, pregnancy safety etc)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My Gp recommended movicol. She said its safe to use. Have a couple of sachets initially to clear you out then one daily or second daily. It worked for me I went nearly 2 weeks and it was horrible. Since the movicol I've been back to my regular self. Xx