+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    By the sounds of it tamtam you don't have a choice. I was unaware up until just now, that they they don't have to be vaccinated to attend. In other words I would not know who in my centre is or is not vaccinated.

What about child care workers?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've read this before, it really puts things in perspective.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Miados2007 View Post
    By the sounds of it tamtam you don't have a choice. I was unaware up until just now, that they they don't have to be vaccinated to attend. In other words I would not know who in my centre is or is not vaccinated.

What about child care workers?
    Nope. No choice except not to send her. And my dd is high risk because she has a congenital heart defect and a lower immune system. Her vaccines are delayed too due to two open heart surgeries. . Makes me mad.

Not sure about child care workers. .. but now that I think of it as a teacher I've never been asked if I have mine (which incidently I do.)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

beebs  (11-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    Nope. No choice except not to send her. And my dd is high risk because she has a congenital heart defect and a lower immune system. Her vaccines are delayed too due to two open heart surgeries. . Makes me mad.

Not sure about child care workers. .. but now that I think of it as a teacher I've never been asked if I have mine (which incidently I do.)
    I believe they are/have been campaigning to remove the CO allowance and making it medical reasons or religious grounds only.
    Last edited by Atropos; 11-06-2013 at 19:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    I believe they are/have been campaigning to remove the CO allowance and making it medical reasons or religious grounds only.
    That's interesting. Really. I doubt they will win sadly.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (11-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That will be good if they can / do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossompossum View Post
    My gosh tamtam. I can't imagine. Every time you take your dd out you must feel like running around asking everyone if they're immunised

The government needs to wake up and realise its for the best interests of all children, the elderly and the sick

My sil doesn't vacc her kids an they ended up coming away with us last weekend. Her kids are ALWAYS sick, it drives me mad.
    Lol. I feel like that. Haha. If I hear someone cough near me I'm like. .. is that whooping cough...
    I could so easily be a hermit!!!

That's annoying about your sil...I actually don't know anyone that doesn't vaccinate. ..at least I don't think I do.. you've got me thinking!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossompossum View Post
    Hahaha quick you better get on the phone and find out!

How does your dd cope when she does get sick?
    Well funny you ask. .. I'm terrified of her getting a cold. She's been lucky so far and with all our time in hospital I have to wonder how we've missed any germs. I'm very careful. A cold or any respiratory illness would be difficult due to her lungs being compromised. But so far so good. *touch wood. I'm really not happy about sending her to daycare. .. so I are looking at nanny or family day care.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    I really hope they do!! Hearing stories like Tamtam's only cement my belief that children should be vaccinated to attend daycare/school.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (11-06-2013),Blossompossumxxxx  (11-06-2013),Tamtam  (11-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Even if they make it on medical religious grounds only - unfortunately AVN have started setting up a new religion - yup, completely true. They are setting up a new religion for their members to join, so if it ever does get passed, they can get out of vaccinating. How low can one organisation stoop??