+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hand Foot and Mouth???

My DD is 7 months and has a blister on the tip of her pinky toe. She only wears socks, so no shoes.

I took her to the nurse today, she said to bathe it in salt water and keep an eye on it. Anyway, a friend (who hasn't seen the blister) said it many be hand foot and mouth. I've since Googled (big mistake) and I'm worried it may be this.

If it was, would the nurse have picked it up? And what's the chance of it being HF&M if its only one blister. I first noticed if Saturday night, and no more have appeared.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I doubt it is HFM if she has just one blister.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Highly doubt it would be HF&M if it's been there since Saturday night and no more have appeared. DS had HF&M and more spots appeared hours after I noticed the first spot on his hand.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My 20 month old niece just got it and it started last week with a small spot on her foot - after a few days she had more on her feet and hands , her GP said its quite common and not a severe illness and there is nothing you can do but just rest and keep up fluids , it's been about a week since they first noticed her foot and apparently she's fine , just had a slight fever and was extra tired ( I haven't seen her as apparently it's contagious so we will stay away until the sores go away!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Silly phone won't up load the pic.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by LoveLivesHere; 03-06-2013 at 10:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    HF&M is supposed to be highly contagious and it usually involves more than one blister. I have 3 girls and only 1 of them contracted it.

It sounds worse than it actually is. My DD1 recently had it and her symptoms were blisters on her face, hands and feet. And when I say blisters, they weren't even bad. More like little pimples with heads on them. She was more tired and a little grumpier than usual but she was actually pretty fine.

It's really not a bad illness to get.

threechooks is offline If my spelling annoys you that's your problem.... I have better things to do than proofread !
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We are dealing with this atm, but 23mth DD has small pimple like blisters on her fingers, toes and nappy area. I can only assume they are in her mouth and throat as she cries when eating banana or yoghurt (she wont let me look in her mouth).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Dd had this when she was about 18mths - it was very mild for her and she only had 2 blisters. She was also slightly unwell (grumpy/tired). The only reason we knew it was HF&M was that it was going around daycare.

She recently had another scare when a friend's little one caught it and shared food with DD - she got a couple of spots on her hands but the GP couldn't confirm HF&M as it wasn't a typical presentation.

I wouldn't worry too much - if your little one only has one blister it is unlikely to be a severe form of the illness (if it is even that at all).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone. I'll keep my eye on it and hopefully it heals quickly!