+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh and I should add the only reason I stopped pumping was she refused the bottle at 10.5 months and I had to put all milk in her food ☺

Thanks
    Reviews
    i couldnt breastfeed my DD, it didnt come naturally for us and it was a struggle for 4 long, painful months.

I have been breastfeeding DS exclusively for 5mths and we are going strong. Ive had my doubts, wanted to quit a few times because thought i was not giving him enough but i just kept going. He's thriving. I love the whole experience. Nothing quite like it. I love that i get 20-30min "breaks" thru out the day to sit on the sofa and feed while i have a cuppa too. I also have a toddler, so i really appreciate feeding times!! Night feeds are beautiful, as much as i dislike being up 3-4 times a night atm, it's still special and so amazingly peacefull, i feel his best feeds are thru the night.
    I plan to breastfeed DS for as long as we can.
    We are coming up to the next stage of breastfeeding soon....introducing solids thru BLW. Exciting times.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueLips View Post
    My girl has gained 1.2kg at 4 weeks of age!! Exclusively breastfed we have battled severe tongue tie which was snipped, cracked bleeding nipples, blisters and a high palate. She's never had anything but my milk. So amazing to think you are continuing to grow your baby !

My goal is 18 months.
    Wow!!!! You must have magic milk... Lol. 1.2 KGs is heaps!!! You go girl!

I'm hoping to go for as long as I can. However as he gets older and I go back to work I will have to express and bottle feed. Did any of you have success continuing breast feeding after you went back to work? I'm a bit worried I will lose my supply if I'm not doing regular feeds.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My ds was 4.62kg at birth and was HUNGRY all. the. time. He also had a really strong suck on him. My nipples were cracked and bleeding (to the point that I actually still have a scar on one of them, and he will be 4 in a few weeks), but breastfeeding was so important to me I just put up with it. I had mastitis twice before he was 6 weeks old, which made me so ill I could not physically lift him and dh had to attach him/hold him as he fed. In those early days he would take over an hour to feed each time, I would put him down for 45 mins and then he would be hungry again - it was very hard.

I was worried that giving him formula once would break my resolve of breastfeeding, so I never did it and he never had anything but my breastmilk. By about 3 months it was a lot easier, I had great supply and was so, so thankful I had perservered.

When he was 8 months old there was a heatwave in Perth and I very suddenly had my supply drop. Ds wouldn't drink anything from a bottle or anything that wasn't from my boob. I was very worried about dehydration and even had my friend try and breastfeed him to get some fluids in to him (he wouldn't take it). I pumped pretty much continuously, drank bucketfulls of water, ate a lot of food, and thankfully the milk came back.

I ended up breastfeeding until 19 months

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Muffet View Post
    i couldnt breastfeed my DD, it didnt come naturally for us and it was a struggle for 4 long, painful months.

I have been breastfeeding DS exclusively for 5mths and we are going strong. Ive had my doubts, wanted to quit a few times because thought i was not giving him enough but i just kept going. He's thriving. I love the whole experience. Nothing quite like it. I love that i get 20-30min "breaks" thru out the day to sit on the sofa and feed while i have a cuppa too. I also have a toddler, so i really appreciate feeding times!! Night feeds are beautiful, as much as i dislike being up 3-4 times a night atm, it's still special and so amazingly peacefull, i feel his best feeds are thru the night.
    I plan to breastfeed DS for as long as we can.
    We are coming up to the next stage of breastfeeding soon....introducing solids thru BLW. Exciting times.
    Great to hear you have had success this time around.. And even better that you wanted to give it another go!! Good on you little miss muffet!!!