+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Share your breastfeeding success stories....

Tomorrow will be one month of breast feeding down! Woohoo I am so very happy & proud of myself as breast feeding was so important to me - I really wanted to succeed!

Share your success with me - would love to hear your stories!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cassieh For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (03-06-2013)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Congratulations! Tomorrow will be 2100 days breastfeeding continuously for me was a rocky start with what I now know was an oversupply issue I had a terrible child heath nurse who referred me to an even worse lactation consultant! But we got through it and I am very proud because it has not always been easy, I've fed through 2 pregnancies and tandem fed twice, I've had bouts of mastitis and blebs. I've battled the heebie-jeebies countless times, I've had to pass the babe that's wants to feed 'just one more time' to hubby so I can regroup and remember its really only for a short time lots!

But..I have so many fond memories, blissful and nourishing snapshots embedded in my brain, and funny ones too...I think I will miss it when DD weans

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Congrats! I fed ds for 10 months when after the flu he decided to self wean. I went through tears and difficulty in the first week and then mastitis after 2 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Congratulations!

My bub is 3 1/2 months old and is doing so well with bf. she's had some pretty big weight gains, her biggest to date was 350g in 8 days when she was about 5 weeks old - huge!!

My absolute favourite thing is when she's having her first feed of the morning, she has one side with full concentration but once she's on the second side and starts to fill up she spits out my boob, gives me a big smile, and when I smile back it's like she gets all shy and buries her face into my boob then latches back on, and repeats 10-15 times! Makes for a messy feed with milk generally dripping everywhere but I love knowing that I can make her so happy :-)

Well done for making it to a month and I hope you and bub can celebrate many more bf milestones together :-)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

ArthurDent  (03-06-2013),thepouts  (03-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    I'm almost at 17 months of breast feeding! The past month I have been breast feeding my newborn DS and my almost 17 month old DS.

I can't quite believe I've made it this far! When DS1 was first born I was taking it day by day and not setting myself any long term breast feeding goals. Once I got into the swing of things, I set 6 months as a goal and then 1 year. I fell pregnant when he was about 8 months old and wondered if my milk would change and he would wean or if it might dry up..but all was ok and we kept going!

Even when I went back to work for 3 days a week earlier in the year he has kept feeding, just dropped a few day feeds. And when I was in the hospital for 5 days after DS2 was born last month he went without feeds, but got right back into it when I came home! I definitely have a boobie monster!!

Tandem feeding is taking me a little while to get the hang of, but I'm perservering and (mostly) enjoying it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to summastarlet For This Useful Post:

mushiedaina  (03-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations! A month is excellent!

I fed DS for 17 months - I battled very hard for 6 weeks with attachment issues, sore and bleeding nipples and a baby who fed 24/7. I continued to feed him despite going on medication for a thyroid issue, and being told I may have to wean (luckily I didn't have to), and through first trimester of pregnancy. I fed that kid so much and so often he was like a little sumo wrestler and I love that I gave him all his sustenance and kept him alive for 6 months (more really as once they start solids they still rely on milk for nutrition)

I've been feeding DD for 5 months now and it was so easy this time round. She latched on straight after birth and we've had no issues except a slight oversupply. She's on my booby now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm almost at 6 months with my little girl. Had mastitis, thrush and booby rejection in the first few weeks but got back on track Thanks to a fantastic lc and baby led attachment. Was going to wean at 6 months to start trying for number 2 but couldn't bear the thought.

I love the way she eyes them off, and tries to latch through my shirt, and milky smiles. I also love that at the moment when she has a nasty case of croup that I know she will drink. Not because she's hungry, just because she wants the comfort.
    <3 being a milk machine

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DS2 is almost 25mths and still breastfed, Im pregnant with our third bub at the moment too.

DS1 isnt a success story. He was a bad biter (drew blood every feed, i had multiple infections). He was weaned at 8mths when he cut 5 more teeth, i was bitten once with his 7teeth and i weaned him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Congrats.

My story, I have fed 6 kids. I am still feeding my 6th bub who is 1 yr old. If you add it all up, I fed well over 10 years. I have had a few tough times (a rough start with dd1, mastitis more times than I can count, feeding through the chicken pox yep poor bub had a very spotty mum but she never got it thanks to magic powers of breast milk etc.. but honestly I have so many more happy great days that fill me fill love. I love that excitement you get from a older bub when the first see boobie and the look when the glance up just before the fall asleep with a full tummy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations!

My story, I've fed my two girls, dd1 was so hard to feed at first due to tongue tie, had that snipped and then mastitis and blocked ducts, fed through all those issues until my milk dried up when pregnant with dd2. She was about 15 months.

Dd2, she's 1, nearly 13 months. Still feeding! She too was tongue tied, but I knew what to do and had my doctor snip that at 3 days old, and we've never had an issue! Feeding dd2 has been so easy, I was so relaxed and confident with feeding her. I can't imagine stopping soon, it's still easy and convenient.

Also, dd2 wasn't overly interested in solids, slow to start, reacted to everything I tried. But, my booba milk made her such a lovely, round chubba bubba, I feel so proud I am able to feed her so well.

Good luck with your breast feeding journey!