+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Dyson dc44

Anyone have one? Im keen on one but after some reviews first.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    A friend has one and didn't recommend it when I asked about it. We were going to get one to vacuum small areas.
    She said she uses her bigger Dyson over the DC44 because the DC44 just didn't do a good enough job, and the battery life was hopeless.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've got one and I love it! I never used to vacuum because it was such a hassle getting out the big vacuum cleaner, unravelling the cord etc. but now I do all the time, it sits in its charger in the kitchen and I just whip it out.
    Granted I'm usually doing just one room at a time, not the whole house. So the 15 mins of charge is plenty for me. And it seems to do a pretty good job (better than my old vacuum anyway).

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's my problem. I hate the vacuum because its painful to get out and set up.
    I see it has a motorized head... Does that go ok on tiles and boards?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love it! I got the pink one for Mother's Day.
    I mainly use it for cleaning up after the kids have eaten and cleaning our stairs.
    I use the big dyson for the carpet upstairs though.
    It is fantastic on our timber floor.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, I am a true believer. I got a pink one a few months and use it everyday, multiple times a day- 5 mins at a time for a quick go over the high traffic areas, sometimes up to 3 times a day, then bedrooms and hallways, playroom every other day. Because it is so convenient, I have gone from literally never vacuuming (couldn't be bothered going downstairs to the garage, plugging it in and dragging it around), to vacuuming all the time. The battery life is not a problem for me- it will last me 3 days or so- then I stick it on recharge. You do have to clean out the head regularly. We don't have another vacuum cleaner now. I have mine on the wall near the kitchen/ lounge.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Whoknows View Post
    If you are talking about the animal one (pretty sure you are) than it is awesome!!! It really does pick up everything, I go over my apparently clean carpet and the dust it sucks out is unbelievable. It gets the little crumbs off floor boards and tiles better than my big dyson. I find the battery life fine I've not had it run out on me but I don't need to use it for more than 15 minutes a time because I get it out so frequently.

I still get my big dyson out once a week for a full clean but my life is so much easier with the little DC 44 (animal stick).
    Yep this is the one I am talking about. I would love the pink!
    Without being rude- whats the best price everyone has gotten it for-so I can haggle!

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im not sure which model we got? But only got it about 5 weeks ago. The cheapest price I could find online was $380, but then harvey had a 6hr sale and I got it for $298. Love how easy it is. It doesnt do the best job on our carpet (we've got floor boards throughout the house anyway), but it does a good enough job to get us through to a big clean on the weekend.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Whoknows View Post
    The dc44 animal stick is about $500 and the cheapest I've ever seen it for is about $470 so I think your one must be the model under that which I think is the dc35.
    Yeah probably.

When we went we asked about what the differences were. She told us the coloured handle was the only difference from the one up from ours, and the difference between that one and the one up from it was that the head was slightly larger.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kezanazz View Post
    That's my problem. I hate the vacuum because its painful to get out and set up.
    I see it has a motorized head... Does that go ok on tiles and boards?
    The motorized head is just one of the attachments. On your tiles etc you would just use the normal vacuum head