+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I know, I can't think of anything worse than having in laws and my parents and siblings all in the room!!

Also it seems so bizarre how they seem to want them to all birth old school - lying on their back, legs in stirrups, preferably with an epidural....

I really just want to see the birth experience but those fights are like car crash TV and I can't take my eyes off the screen!

Definitely the 'only in America' files!

The one I'm watching is on Thursday night on SBS.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sare76 View Post
    You can watch on the sbs app if you miss on TV but there's also a British season you can catch on YouTube. I love it. Totally addicted. In the Brit version they labour in such different ways to the American version. Quite interesting.
    Oh thanks i didnt realise you could watch it on You Tube!! Been dying to watch the latest one!!
    Im blown away how many people they have in the room!
    And the grandparents fighting !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post

I can't believe some of the families. It seems most have their mother and MIL in the room - I don't know anyone who would agree to that!
    Yes! ...and sometimes their father/step father/father-in-law is in there too! ...not in my world!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Nope, not just you OP, I have it set to series link!

I'm still getting over the episode where the two Mums (one was the girl's Mum and other MIL) had the big cat fight in the corridor!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

giggle berry  (03-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm addicted to it as well, but find the American series bizarre. Pretty much everything I wouldn't want in my birth (scores of people in the room, drugs being pushed, weird mid wives and OB's, being told to labour on the bed on your back.) No thank you.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilbara View Post
    Yes! ...and sometimes their father/step father/father-in-law is in there too! ...not in my world!
    lol.. I would rather birth alone than with my brother there haha. stand outside!!!

but I do love the series - the British one is more laid back, the US one needs drama :P

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hate the US one. IMO not as realistic as the UK version and it's just so American lol right down to the cheesy music. I've been watching the latest season of the UK one and love it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wtf is this crap? Maybe if she got off her back and walked around the room then that baby would apply properly to the cervix and it would dilate!!!

Also the contraction "numbers" on the ctg machine doesn't tell you strong they freaking are!!!!! At most it just tells you the frequency and length. Grrrr.

I don't think I would last an 8 hour shift working in an American labour ward!!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to wannawannabe For This Useful Post:

giggle berry  (15-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The American one icks me out but I kind of love the UK version! The American one seems to thrive on drama and making everything seem like birth Armageddon, complete with dodgy editing and scary music! And their attitude towards natural birth is so smug & patronising. Bleugh!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wannawannabe View Post
    Wtf is this crap? Maybe if she got off her back and walked around the room then that baby would apply properly to the cervix and it would dilate!!!

Also the contraction "numbers" on the ctg machine doesn't tell you strong they freaking are!!!!! At most it just tells you the frequency and length. Grrrr.

I don't think I would last an 8 hour shift working in an American labour ward!!!
    exactly !! I hope she at least was up & walking or bouncing on a fit ball