+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Friend who is donating embryo's to me

Hi,

i havent been on here for quite some time and have had a long journey with no success. my friend who has done ivf and completed her family has offered to donate her embryo's to me. We worked together and became good friends. So just working out will this be difficult to carry a baby knowing its from her and her husband. also has anyone been through this process and how it went. i am still a bit confused about costing when i have looked up the different ivf sites. any info would be appreciated.

carol-ann

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cagav For This Useful Post:

francesthecat  (03-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Carol Ann,

im in a very similar situation to yourself. I've had no luck with IVF not even a sniff of a BPF. My husbands boss has done IVF and had both gorgeous boys.
    Whenhe started at the company he advised them, him and I were in the program. After a few disapintments, she offered the rest of the embys to us.
    At first I was like um, no thanks (I want our own children ) as time has gone on. It's come to no children or someone else's. My own opionon is even though its not mine, but if I'm carrying and it's growing inside me, how can I not bond, and hubby when the kids come into work the customers think they are his kids.

we have been advised its cheaper than donated eggs which a girl friend is wanting to do for me. I think I would rather the embys, as I know they are fine. She had two transfers and two healthy babies. My husband also has male factor as well. So I might have low fert rates. The eggs cycle would cost around $ 12 k then part rebate from medicare.

I have one emby on ice for a June cycle, if this fails I will be ready to start the process.

good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    If it is any help, someone else's egg and sperm may start the process but it is the gestational mother who provides the building blocks that make the baby. I've seen posts from egg donors on another forum and have yet to see any of them feel a connection to the baby when they met them. All felt they looked nothing like them and if anything they looked more like the women who carried them. I hope that gives you some perspective. I've waited a long time for donor embryos, they are like hen's teeth and I'd bear that in mind if I were you. cost-wise it will be whatever their day hospital costs are and a FET fee. there shouldn't be any cycle costs at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Annette is right. The process of growing the baby means their very flesh and blood is from the mother. Epigenetics means that the carrying mother's body actually influences how the genetics in the embryo are expressed. Making it more like the mother.
    If either of you would like more information on using donor embryos please PM me.

Fortitude
    xxoxoxo