+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 9 month old sleeps

Hi all just wondering what naps your 9mo has? What times and for how long and how they sleep overnight? TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there! My little boy just turned 9 months today. He has 2 naps, each for at least 1.5 hours most of the time. The first is at about 9:45am (he usually gets up for the day around 7:15-7:30am). And the second is about 3 - 3.5 hours after he wakes from the first, so usually around 2:45ish. He goes to bed at 7:30pm. Hope this helps!

Edited to add: sorry, only just noticed the last question about how they sleep overnight. We very rarely need to go into him before we get up for the day. He doesn't necessarily sleep the whole time - I can often hear him talking to himself and his comforter toy as early as before 6am, and he just dozes and snoozes from then. When he starts babbling louder and more constantly, then I go and get him up. He stirs sometimes audibly in the night but self settles back to sleep. Of course, if for whatever reason he is crying, we go in and attend to him, but in the last few months we have only needed to when sick or teething.
    Last edited by mummyChubbles; 02-06-2013 at 19:14.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks syxc!
    My dd is nearly 9 months and has started to fight her third/evening nap so I'm tryin to decide whether to drop this sleep and put her to bed earlier for the night is this generally what happens?

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD is 8 months old and we have always been easy in the naps. I don't schedule her naps and usually just watch for signs. He has 2 day naps, one in the morning around 10 for 1-2 hours and one in the afternoon around 3 for 1 hour. Goes to bed at 7 and wakes up at 6:30 and wakes once at 12:30 for a feed. Sometimes she might have 3 day sleeps, 10am, 2pm, 5pm. This doesn't happen often though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks tubster!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mummy12 View Post
    Thanks syxc!
    My dd is nearly 9 months and has started to fight her third/evening nap so I'm tryin to decide whether to drop this sleep and put her to bed earlier for the night is this generally what happens?
    Yep I was finding that my little one was taking longer to show tired signs before his afternoon nap - so that by the time he woke up from it, it was too late to have a third. We went through an awkward period of a couple of weeks where there was almost too much time between afternoon nap and bedtime, but not enough to fit a nap in - on days like that, I put him in the pram and took him for a walk and if he wanted to doze, he could. I slowly started to stretch out the time between his morning and afternoon naps too.

im no sure what others have done but I didn't bring his bed time any earlier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    At 9 mths mine had a morning nap and an arvo nap (1-2hrs each) then at night they'd sleep through for 10 hrs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone. We tried
    Holding off on the third nap yesterday and had to let her have one at about 5pm as she couldn't keep her eyes open. Every night she wakes anywhere from 2-430am and then usually frequently after that there is nothing wrong but she is sitting up in her cot or kneeling/standing. Usually settles back to sleep with just lying down and dummy but wakes but up again usually within an hr sometimes 2. Any suggestions? When she was little she slept really well but from about 5mo she has had a few patches where she has slept well but mainly not

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tubster View Post
    DD is 8 months old and we have always been easy in the naps. I don't schedule her naps and usually just watch for signs. He has 2 day naps, one in the morning around 10 for 1-2 hours and one in the afternoon around 3 for 1 hour. Goes to bed at 7 and wakes up at 6:30 and wakes once at 12:30 for a feed. Sometimes she might have 3 day sleeps, 10am, 2pm, 5pm. This doesn't happen often though.
    Wow! I wish my DD did that lol. She's 10 months old and has always had short naps (20 minutes- 1.5 hours... but usually around 30 minutes) 2 to 3 times a day. Lately she will only sleep if she's in bed with us and still waks once or twice for a bottle. She goes down for the night usually between 9-11pm, with me. I settle her in my bed and then she goes into her cot already sleeping, it's the only way she will sleep these days
    She would at me if I put her in her cot at 7pm!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump 😏