+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default My baby doesn't love me?

I am the mother of a gorgeous spirited 13m old boy. He is extremely active and enerally busy baby. He has been well ahead in reaching all of his milestones, speaks lots of words and makes good eye contact. However, he doesn't care when I leave! He doesn't get upset at all and doesn't seem fussed when I return. Has anyone else had a toddler like this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    That doesn't mean your baby doesn't love you!! it means he's independent and you've obviously met his needs so far.
    DD has always been happy to go to other people and now at 14 months has no issues if I leave the room or even leave her with DH for the day, she's very independent baby, which is great!
    The same thought has crossed my mind but I know that's not the case she looks for me when she's hurt and tiered I know she loves me and Im proud of her independence.
    So be proud of your little man, he loves you!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh yes, he does love you. He is just well adjusted and knows you will be back when you leave. Don't worry that he's not upset, that's a good thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    What a secure little guy you've got! Sounds like you are doing a great job

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (02-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I bet when he's sick you're the only one he wants.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yes. Ds1. From 6mths old he didn't care when I left. Didn't seem fussed that I was back in the room. We used to go for a walk on the beach and he would just go and go and not turn back to see if I was following.

He was such an independent little baby. He is still independent at 5yo.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes DD was like that. It just means they are very secure in their attachment to you - he knows that if you leave you will always come back, and has no reason to get upset

DD is now 6, very confident and loves her mum very much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you ladies I was worried as I was reading the guidelines for 1-2 yrs that the chn gives you. It says "there may be a problem" iif they don't have separation anxiety by 18months. But like your children he is just so confident. I should just be grateful I don't deal with tears every time I leave!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My DS is exactly the same , but I get the best I love you mum cuddles and kisses now at 2.5 - but again never worries when I leave or when we go any where new he just runs off and plays without even a thought for me! So at your sons age he can't really verbalise how much he loves you yet but he does

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it just sounds like you've given him such a safe and secure environment that he knows that when mummy leaves she's going to come back. It doesn't mean he doesn't love you. I think it's awesome that he's happy to be left with someone else, it must make it so much easier for you