+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Paid parental leave work test and heavy work

Hi there.

My work is physically demanding, cleaning houses for elderly people. I only work about 8.5-10 hours a week as it is. I won't be able to continue these hours as my pregnancy progresses ill not make the work test. I'm already high risk with age, previous mc and preterm labour.

I know you can still get ppl for preterm birth but I'm not risking/talking about it going to that. I'm hoping to continue these hours until 4 or 5 months and cut back my hours then. No one wants a pregnant woman doing their housework.

With documents from my doctor will I still qualify for ppl?
    How does FAO work out hours? I also spend time at work driving between clients. Are these hours/earnings included in my work test assessment?

Steph

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Steph,

Haven't had any experience with PPL myself yet, and even from what I've looked at online I'm still not %100 sure I understand it all! Probably best to call or visit an FAO, so you get the info you need straight from the source. Good luck

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Thanks for replying,

I know i need to call FAO, their automated service doesn't understand me and ill have to hold on my mobile for ever.

It's really stressful cause clients cancel and I loose hours quite often. Some weeks its 10hours, others its 6. Really in the last 16 weeks I've worked just under 8 hours a week. I'm already 1 month so really only have 3-4 months to get as many hours as I can. Luckily someone has just left and extra work is available. Its going to be a close call though. It would really suck to just miss out :0(

What if you're pregnant with multiples. I'm not getting ahead of myself but, my first pregnancy was twins. plus incase anyone else was wondering.

Hopefully someone from human services will respond to this thread otherwise ill try calling them at 8am.
    Last edited by Mrsbow; 02-06-2013 at 12:02.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey steph
    Hl just wondering how you got on.

Im in a similar situation. High risk and limited to what I can now do at work.

I actually have sunday as one of my pt shifts so interested to know how thats calculated.

What was tje outcome for you.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app