+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default First timer! Keeping me awake :oP

Not really... keeping me awake that is (for I am most definitely a first timer!)... No that'll be the extra caffeine I have had today, wreaking it's dirty havoc.

So here I am at almost half past one, but very pleased to meet you all. I'm 30, DH is 32 and we've recently decided to TTC. Very exciting but so all consuming at the moment, I'm trying my hardest not to become obsessive about it! It's only our first month trying, I need to not be ridiculous about it (anyone else the same??).

I'm the kind of person who likes to know everything about something that they're doing but at the same time, I would love to take a relaxed approach to it all so it's a bit of a conflict.

I'm really looking forward to get to know people and having some fellow ttc-ers to talk to and learn from the experiences of others. Plus it gives me a safe place to talk about baby stuff as much as I want without driving the other half nuts! (he says I can talk as much as I like but I don't want to push my luck )

Anyway, I hope you're all sleeping soundly, I may go and try to get some zzz myself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Best of luck on your TTC journey, I hope it's a short one x

I too become consumed by what is currently happening in my life and read lots about whatever is going on.

It's a very exciting time for you and the only advice I have is, as hard as it is, do try and stay relaxed. Stressing and obsessing really can and does become all too much. Try and enjoy it as much as you can. BH is an awesome place to vent and ask as many questions as you can.

Best of luck x

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Morning everyone hopefully you finally got some peaceful sleep JCT
    were on month 2 of ttc- this will be our second child our son is turning 6 in a couple of weeks and he was a big gorgeous surprise so I've never ttc so a whole new journey for but boy... It's like something gets flicked on/ off in your brain to make you read and read and think and read and wonder and think your going crazy
    im ok for the first 2 weeks then the last 2 of the cycle my brain starts to go am I pregnant and I not am I??? V

Thanks
    Reviews
    JCT... a woman after my own heart haha!!! I was exactly how you are now! Obsessive, reading everything (i ended up know what hormones are released at what point...in fact i found it frustrating talking to GP's who couldn't answer my questions because they didn't know as much about it as I did... probably because they didn't spend hours googling everything and have other most important matters to deal with) and when it didn't happen first month i felt like a failure! Best advice i received (and lucky it came to me within 2 months of TTC) was to relax and change my attitude from negative (thinking about all the things that must be wrong with me) to postive. to the point where i had the words "think positive" plastered around me at work and on my phone. People must have thought i was nuts. Oh and i started Acupunture. But it all came form speaking with friends who took such a relaxed approach about conception. If it's meant to be it will be, if it's not then we'll think of other options, and focusing on bringing their relationship together rather than tearing it apart with lots of conception/ovulation talk! That completely changed my thought process. We were so blessed and lucky to conceive after in month 3 of trying but i attribute it to my change in attitude towards the whole process. In fact, i thought there was no way i could be pregnant because we had taken a more relaxed approach, not just going at it during ovulation and making sure the timing was right but making sure it was when we both felt up to it and in the moment! Our little mover and shaker is due in september! so best advice... relax and i would recommend acupunture Enjoy!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was the same for the first few months, i googled everything basically became an expert and thought something was wrong because of this and that I was getting worried as nothing was happening. I then also went and did acupuncture and totally relaxed and that month we fell. I would so recommend relaxing and doing acupuncture combined with the herbs, I know numerous people who have fallen as a result of it. My Chinese doc did ask me before I started to get checked out to see if there were any structural problems as it isn't going to work if u have blocked tubes etc. Good luck!
    Last edited by jenstar; 03-06-2013 at 10:35.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for the wise words! Pleased to say I did manage to get to sleep and haven't had a night like that since (in fact, I've been falling asleep on the couch super early instead!).

You're all quite right about relaxing, I'm sure. It's just so exciting its hard not to think about it all the time! I ordered some pregnancy tests and what have you online and received them today (no way I'm buying local, small town gossip ) and even that was exciting I'm so glad to read that I'm not the only one who gets a bit neurotic about stuff though.

I feel pretty positive, I'm sure I'll be disappointed but I'm pretty prepared for it not to work out first try. I have a minor blood disorder that can make it difficult for some people to catch (or rather, to carry) but I reassure myself that my mother who passed the gene on had 3 successful pregnancies that she only had to think about to become pregnant!

Thanks again for your kind words

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sure you will be fine... just don't stress out if it doesn't work the first time.

My experience was that seeing (or hearing) those negative pregnancy tests really got me down so i told myself i wouldn't test until i knew my period was a few days late so that i didn't have to feel upset/depressed about getting the negative!

Good luck.. and enjoy the baby making practice!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Hubby is certainly enjoying the practice ( not that it's a miserable experience for me either! :lol )