+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Just so angry.

So this happened a few hours ago now. I'm pg and am trying to quit smoking. I've cut down drastically, but it's the last 2-3 I can't seem to drop completely. As I went from a heavy smoker (30 pack easy, per day) to just 2-3 I think I'm doing well. I know some women can stop completely straight away, Im just not one of them for a few reasons.

Anyway, I was at work this afternoon and we work on our own during the day and I'd been busy all day, to the point I was impressed I managed to eat a whole sandwich in one sitting. The person who replaces me at the end of my shift started an hour before I finished and immediately started having a go at me over little things. Whatever, don't really care.
    i finally had enough and went out for a smoke, only to be told by my work mate that I shouldn't be smoking. I told him I'd appreciate him not butting his nose into my business. He replied that as my baby can't defend itself, then he'd say what he likes in its defense. So I went outside and called my manager and let her know I'd be leaving early and the reason why. She said its fine. Not a problem, etc. I went back inside to get my things to leave to discover he had stuck the "smoking causes harm to your unborn baby" picture we got from the tobacco company over our computer screen. Because I left early he started having a go at me and carrying on and swearing. I simply left and contactedmy manager about the picture.

Im just so angry. I can't sleep and I don't want to go back to work. I'm lodging a formal harassment complaint about him and I don't really know what the point of the vent is, just wanted to get it out really. I'm lucky my manager is so supportive and as equally as angry at him on my behalf. I think I'm just upset that someone I work with believes they have the right to speak to me in such a way, or bully(?) me at my work place.

GrabbyCrabby is offline She is everything I need, that I never knew I wanted... She is everything I want, that I never knew I needed...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That was so out of line! Well done on cutting back, it's not easy, but you're doing a great job!!! He just needs to pull his head out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ugh...he is an idiot. You handled things well at work. Good on you for not losing it with him there and then.

I love it when people think that you need to be told these things about smoking...as though you haven't already thought of the issues a thousand times a day for yourself.

Cutting back to 2-3 is an amazing job.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Albert01 For This Useful Post:

VanityFey  (02-06-2013)

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    What an asshat! Good on you for lodging a formal complaint.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    That's definitely harassment and abuse. Lodge a complaint and take notes with dates and details on everything. It's not bullying yet as it's really only a single incident (maybe 2 if you count both interactions) but it's bullying behaviour and if it continues then it's bullying. Regardless, he has sworn at you and that is verbal abuse.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thats awful hun. Im sure u are aware that smoking isnt good so you dont need to be told.

Completely out of line and its harrasment. I hope he gets dealt with cause thats just not on! So rude.

Well done for cutting it down from 30 to 2-3. At least ur trying! x

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    What he did at work was extremely inappropriate. I would definitely make a complaint and would be very surprised if he didn't receive a formal warning at least.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You are doing an amazing job and he needs to take a good look at himself and his own behaviour before criticising others! Good on you for reporting him!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good on you for cutting down!

As for your co-worker, *insert expletives here*!!!!!!!!!!

You did the right thing by reporting him!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Whew. Okay. So I lodged the complaint today. Im just nervous as hes kind of unpredictable and can be rather aggressive. Not much I can do about it I guess. Just need to wait and see. Thanks everyone. For a while I was worried I was being a crazy hormonal pregnant lady.