+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We had this dilemma and went with a Vtech innotab - very similar to the leappad but it has a memory slot so you can load on your own movies and music onto so you're not locked into the leapfrog material. We've been very happy with it. We also have a tablet but DD uses 'her' tablet more than the regular tablet.

its very child friendly, pretty much indestructible. She can't get online with it, cant delete or remove any of the games or apps. you get a heap of free apps and they're not overly expensive to buy books, games, etc.

Rechargeable batteries last about 8 hours so I just cycle 2 lots through it.

Really happy with our decision but as DD is only 3 she only really uses it for the movies and music. She's not really into the games much. Target has been throwing them out for $44 each (I brought 4 of them!).

waitsee is offline β€œWhile we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We got ds the leappad, we already use rechargable batteries and i bought the plug in power. It came with a few games and some other content, so far we have only bought the nemo game. I like he can learn how to use his own tablet with no internet and its games, ebooks and apps are educational so i can watch his progress. Dp and i have a tablet each and phones, so if we were travelling he could always watch a movie in that. They have shows on the leappad but when we flew os last year they had movies and screens for every seat.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by waitsee View Post
    We got ds the leappad, we already use rechargable batteries and i bought the plug in power.
    Off topic, but maybe someone can help me. We have rechargeable batteries too, but they always lose their charge, does that sound right? So when it comes time to change them, I have a drawer full of flat batteries

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Our leappad batteries were charged for 8 hours before we left for our two day drive to broken hill. The kids didnt play them constantly but, the were played a fair bit on the trip out, the week and a half we were out there and then the trip back.
    I packed the plug in recharger, but didn't have to use it until we got home.

Sent from my LT15i using The Bub Hub mobile app